Charles Osborn, b 1775 in Guilford Co NC, d 1850 Cass Co MI. He md Sarah Newman of VA in 1798; Sarah d in 1812 in Jefferson Co TN after seven children, and Charles then md Hannah Swain in 1813 and had thirteen children. Sarah’s children were born in TN, mostly in Jefferson Co; Hannah’s first two were born in Jefferson Co TN. In the fall of 1816 they moved to Mt Pleasant, OH, and in 1819 moved to Wayne Co IN where the rest of the children were born. In 1842 Charles and Hannah moved to Cass Co MI, then to Porter Co IN in 1848 where he died. His wife Hannah then lived with her daughter Sarah; Hannah died in 1878. His children were-
1. James Osborn, b 1798, md Catharine Hastings in 1826, died in IA.
2. Josiah Osborn, b 1800, md Mary Barnard in 1820 and had seven children, all born in Wayne Co IN: he died in MI. His children were-
a. Ellison Osborn, b 1821, md Martha East [E21a11] in 1845 and had five children.
b. Jefferson Osborn, 1824, md Frances Tharp in 1847 and had two children. Frances died in 1852 and Jefferson then md Susannah East [E21a3c] abt 1853 after her first husband, Benjamin Osborn, died in 1849.
c. Leander Osborn, b 1825, md Helen M Beall in 1854.
d. Obed Osborn, b 1828, md three times.
e. Louisa Osborn, b 1830, md Alonzo Evans.
f. Angeline Osborn, 1835, md James Oron.
g. Charles Osborn, b 1841, md Mary Glass.
3. John Osborn, b 1801, md Rachel Johnson in 1833 and lived at Economy, Wayne Co IN in 1870.
4. Isaiah Osborn, b 1803 in Knox Co TN, moved to Mt Pleasant, OH in 1816, and then to Wayne Co IN in 1819, and then in the fall of 1822 to Greeneville, TN, then to Centerville, IN in 1824, and in 1827 to Indianapoplis, IN, then to Wayne Co IN in 1828. All this time of moving when he was a young man, he was in the Anti-Slavery printing business. Isaiah md Lydia Worth in 1829, dau of Job & Rhoda Worth, and died in Wayne Co IN in 1846. Isaiah and Lydia had eight children.
5. Lydia Osborn, b 1805, md Eli Newlin in 1828
6. Elijah Osborn, b 1807, md Sarah Elliot in 1830 and lived in Cass Co MI in 1870..
7. Elihu Osborn, b 1810, md Jane Wright in 1829.
8. Narcissa Osborn, b 1814, d 1826 at Economy, Wayne Co IN.
9. Cynthia Osborn, b 1815, md Abraham R Liggerhose in 1840.
10. Gideon S Osborn, b 1817, married and lived in Cass Co MI in 1870.
11. Charles N Osborn, b 1819, md Caroline Hinman in 1840 and in 1870 lived at Wilmington, OH.
12. Parker B Osborn, b 1821 and in 1870 lived at Wilmington, OH.
13. Jordan P Osborn, b 1823, md Isabelle Root in 1846 and died by 1872.
14. Benjamin Osborn, b 1825, md Susannah East [E21a3c] in 1849, and died seven months later. They had a dau. Susannah then married Jefferson Osborn, who had recently been widowed.
15. Sarah S Osborn, b 1828, md James B Bonine [E21a1a] in 1848 and had twelve children.
16. Anna B Osborn, b 1830, md Jesse S East [E21a4c]. (M49,M50,W, 72n)
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids