William C Fincher, son of James Fincher, was born in 1798 in Mecklenburg, NC, moved to Jasper Co GA and married Elizabeth Callaway in Jasper Co on 6 May 1819, and for a while lived in Jasper Co (Hardy Calloway was a neighbor, page 234). Elizabeth was born in 1803 in GA, daughter of William S Callaway. In 1830 they lived in Henry Co GA (page 217) and had six young children. In 1840 they lived in Tallapoosa Co AL (page 176; also on page 183 was Benjamin East [E19a3], and William C P East [E19a8], page 184), the only Fincher name in Tallapoosa Co in 1840. All this time so far, he was a farmer. By 1850 they were living at Coosa, Coosa Co AL. Elizabeth died in 1885 at Rosston, Nevada Co AR. Their twelve children were-
1. Marion Powell Fincher, b 9 Dec 1820 in Jasper Co GA, married Louanna Catherine Miears and they had nine children-
a. Sarah Jane Fincher, b 1 Sep 1843 in Tallapoosa Co AL, married James P Hendrix.
b. William Tichenor Fincher, b 24 Oct 1845 in Tallapoosa Co AL, married Julia Ann Elizabeth Martin and married Amanda F Jones.
c. James Thomas Fincher, b 11 Aug 1846 in New Albany, Pontotoc Co MS, married Mary Elizabeth Martin.
d. Zachriah Powell Fincher, b 27 Nov 1849 in Pontotoc Co MS, married Harriet _____, and married Rebecca Ruse.
e. Amaziah Ivans Fincher, b 18 Oct 1852 in Pontotoc Co MS, lived at Albany, Lincoln Co AR in 1900 with his wife Elizabeth Teressa Rogers and younger children. Elizabeth was born in November 1852 in AR. and married Amaziah on 4 January 1872 in AR. Their younger children were all born in AL-
1. Lydia E Fincher, married C A Murrah.
2. Martha Ann Fincher, b 1874, married Dillard L Richardson in 1891, lived in Bowie Co TX in 1910, and in Nevada Co AR in 1930. They had over ten children. (62sf,102v)
3. Frances Jane Fincher, b Aug 1876 at Rosston, AR, married Francis Marion Cross in 1899 and they had nine children, all born in the Rosston, Nevada Co AR area. (62su)
4. Isaac Powell Fincher, b Jan 1878, married Lizzie Cappock about 1904 and lived AR, then TX, then OK. (62su)
5. William Westley Fincher, b Dec 1880, married Martha Izora Grant about 1905 and lived in Lafayette Co AR. (62u,307w)
6. Edwin Luther Fincher, b 10 Jul 1884, married Lottie Lee Akin and lived at Hope, Hempstead Co AR in September 1918. They had seven children. One was-
a. Eva Lee Fincher, b 12 February 1911 at Rosston, Nevada Co AR. Eva married Olen D Jackson [E14a1d5c5]. (M,L,62uvwf,74w)
7. Mary Beatrice Fincher, b Nov 1889, married Frank Henry Dempsey from Nevada Co about 1906 and lived in Nevada Co in 1910. They had four children. (62uv)
8. Myrtle Edith Fincher, b 2 Feb 1895, married Robert Austin Butler in 1915 and lived in Nevada Co AR, and had six children. (AN,62uw) (AN,62u)
f. Lucinda Catherine Fincher, b 27 Jul 1854 in Pontotoc Co MS, married James Wiliam East [E14a1d6].
g. John Westley Fincher, b 27 Dec 1856 in Ouachita Co AR, married Susan _____, and married Mary E _____.
h. Joseph Pinkney Fincher, b 13 Jan 1858 in Ouachita Co AR, married Catherine Cummings.
i. Mary Elizabeth Fincher, b 17 Feb 1860 in Nevada Co AR, died 20 May 1878 in Nevada Co.
2. Lucinda Catherine Fincher, b 1824 in Jasper Co GA, died in 1870 in AR, and married Ivy F Young from Laurens Co SC and had five children-
a. William James Young, b Sep 1841, died in 1913. He married Martha Jane Frye and they had ten children. He then married Mary S Crawford.
b. Richard R Young, b 1849 in Tallapoosa Co AL, married Sarah E Fincher. She was born about 1858, and they had four children.
c. Katharin Young, b 1849 in Tallapoosa Co AL
d. Thomas Young, b 1854 in MS
e. Holcom Young, b 1855 in MS (AN,299j,258k)
3. Lydia A M Fincher, b 1824 in Jasper Co GA, married Thomas K Edwards and had about seven children-
a. Elizabeth Edwards, b 1842 in AL
b. Nancy Edwards, b 1845 in AL
c. William F Edwards, b 1847 in AL
d. Albert Edwards, b 1850 in AL
e. Robert C Edwards, b 1852 in MS
f. James John F Edward, b 1856 in MS
g. Julia M Edwards, b 1858 in AR (AN,299j)
4. William Callaway Fincher, b 16 Mar 1826 in Henry Co GA, married Parthenia P Lansdale in Pontotoc Co MS on 5 October 1852, lived in MS, AR, and in Denton Co TX where they died. He died 17 July 1899 and Parthenia in 1877. They had about eleven children-
a. Columbus Fincher, b 1854 in MS
b. Levonia J Fincher, b 19 Jul 1856 in AR
c. William Young Fincher, b 30 Jul 1858 in AR
d. Julia Ann Elizabeth Swan Fincher, b 3 Aug 1860 at Hope, Hempstead, AR
e. Sallie Fincher, b 1861
f. Lydia Ellen Fincher, b 1862 in Ouachita Co AR
g. Parthenia Eugenia Fincher, b 1866 in Ouachita Co AR
h. Austin Beecham Fincher, b 9 Feb 1868 in AR, lived at Sherman, TX in 1920.
i. Mary Ophelia Fincher, b 29 Oct 1870 in Ouachita Co AR
j. Henry Browning Fincher, b 5 Nov 1872 in Nevada Co AR
k. Lovey Fincher, b 27 Mar 1875 in TX (AN,299j,258k,300n)
5. James A Fincher, b 18 Apr 1828 in Henry Co GA, died 21 April 1884. He married Malinda A Stanley in Coosa Co MS on 17 February 1848, and they had four children-
a. Ivy Addison Fincher, b 23 Jan 1854 in MS, married Sarah Ann Bennett in Nevada Co AR on 28 November 1875 and lived there for the rest of their lives. She was born 11 September 1858 in AR, and died 26 June 1925 in Nevada Co. Ivy died in 1936 in Nevada Co. They lived at Parker in 1900 and claimed they had ten children, and in 1910 said they had eleven children, all still living-
1. Beulah Fincher, b Sep 1876 at Bodcaw, Nevada Co AR, married John David Bates in Nevada Co on 21 November 1894 and had at least four children. (AN)
2. Allie Gertrude Fincher, b 12 Aug 1879 in AR, and married William Columbus Manning in Nevada Co on 6 January 1901. They had about seven children. (AN,62u)
3. Rufus M Fincher, b 13 Nov 1881 in AR, married Florence Boswell, lived at Parker, Nevada Co, and had at least three children. (AN,62uw)
4. Mark M Fincher, b 13 Mar 1884 in AR, married Ethel Madison in Nevada Co about 1904 and died 29 December 1912 in Nevada Co AR. Ethel was born 28 August 1873 and died 28 May 1959 in Nevada Co. In 1910 they lived two doors from his brother Alvia. Mark had about four children, all born in Nevada Co-
a. Earl A Fincher, b 1905 in AR (62v)
b. Howard L Fincher 1907 in AR (62v)
c. Parrish B Fincher, b 12 Feb 1908 in Nevada Co AR, married Bertie East [E14a1d6h1], and died at Hope, Hempstead Co AR in December 1971. (62v)
d. Maggie Dail Fincher), b Oct 1909 at Perker in Nevada Co AR, died in 1915. (AN,62uv)
5. Alvia Curtis Fincher, b 31 May 1886 in AR, married Addie G Dillard about 1905 and lived at Parker. She was born in 1887. They had five children. Alvia died at Stephens, Ouachita Co AR in May 1970. (AN,Z,62uv)
6. Sarah Mae Fincher, b Feb 1888 in AR, married Webber Skinner and had four children. (AN,62u)
7. Blanche I Fincher, b Feb 1892 AR, married Preston White and had at least two children. (AN,62uv)
8. Nellie G Fincher, b Jul 1894 in AR, married Homer Dillard about 1911 and had three children. (AN,62uv).
9. Roxie Clovis Fincher, b Jul 1896 in AR, married Hugh A May and had three children. (AN,62uv)
10. Adra “Addry” Othella Fincher, b Dec 1899 in AR, married Jesse Harmon Ware in AR in 1918. Her was born 30 July 1897 at Emmett, AR and died 18 February 1982 at Hope, AR. Addie died 17 August 1934 in Nevada Co. They had four children. (AN,62uv)
11. Harlie Mildred Fincher, b 21 Jul 1902 in Nevada Co AR, died in June 1979 at Rosston, Nevada Co. She married Loyal P Evans. He was born 25 December 1896 and died at Rosston, Nevada Co in November 1982. They had five children. (AN,Z, 62v) (AN,62uv)
b. Edward Dawson Fincher, b Feb 1855 in AR
c. Joseph J Fincher, b 1863 in AR
d. Etta Fincher, b 1868 in AR (AN,299j,258k)
6. boy Fincher, b 1826-1830, was not with his family in 1850. (299j,258k)
7. Daniel S Fincher, b 31 Jul 1831 in Henry Co GA, died 24 January 1900 in Montague Co TX. He had married Margaret C Willbanks and had about thirteen children-
a. Fanny Fincher , married W F Gregory
b. Amanda Jane Fincher, b 10 Jun 1849 in Tallapoosa Co AL
c. William Fincher. b Nov 1851
d. James Henry Fincher, b 5 Apr 1855 in AL
e. Albert Lee Fincher, b 5 Apr 1857 in Coosa Co AL
f. Edward Alonzo Fincher, b 12 Oct 1859 in Nevada Co AR
g. George M Fincher, b 8 Nov 1861
h. Mattie Fincher, b 1864
i. Delia Ann Fincher, b 1864
j. Martha Fincher, b 1865
k. Mollie Fincher, b 1868
m. Mary Ellen Fincher, b 1869
n. Frances Lucinda Fincher, b 8 Apr 1872 in Nevada Co AR (AN,258k)
8 Elizabeth Fincher, b 1833 in Henry Co GA, married Thomas M Carter, and married Carah Snider. She died in December 1863 in AR. Her children were-
a. Ivy N Snider, b 1851
b. Amanda M Snider, b 1854 in MS
c. Mary Snider, b 1855 in AR
d. Martha C Snider, b 1859 (AN)
9. Mary Ann Fincher, b 1833 in Henry Co GA, married Stokely Lamberth and married Littleton Daniel Stuart. She died in 1840 and had two children-
a. Catherine Lambert, b Jasper Co GA
b. Cyrus Lambert, b 25 Sep 1826 in Jasper Co GA
10. John S Fincher, b 1837 in Henry Co GA, married Martha Fincher in 1857, and married Martha Catherine Ross in 1858. He died in 1868 in Ouachita Co AR and had two children; after his death Martha married William B Carter and had three children with him. John Fincher’s children were-
a. William Henry Fincher, b 26 Oct 1859 in AR
b. Martha Elizabeth Fincher, b 1868 in Ouachita Co AR (AN,258k,300n)
11. Benjamin Bailey Fincher, b 25 Mar 1839 in Tallapoosa Co AL, married Mary Caroline East [E14a1d2]. (AN,258k,300n,62v)
12 Martha R Fincher, b 7 Feb 1843 in Tallapoosa Co AL, died in Nevada Co AR on 14 August 1914. She married Abner Rose Jarvis and they had ten children-
a. William James Jefferson Jarvis, b Feb 1861 at New Albany, MS
b. Robert Lee Jarvis, b 28 Jul 1866 at Rosston, Nevada Co AR
c. John R Jarvis, b 1868 in Ouachita Co AR
d. Cora J Jarvis, b Mar 1870 in Ouachita Co AR
e. Newton Warren Jarvis, b 20 Feb 1872 in Nevada Co AR
f. Mary Elizabeth Jarvis, b 1876 in Nevada Co AR
g. Hattie F Jarvis, b 1878 in Nevada Co AR
h. Minnie Exa Jarvis, b 2 Feb 1883 in Nevada Co AR
i. Grover Cleveland Jarvis, b 4 Nov 1884 in Nevada Co AR
j. Daniel Webster Jarvis, b 1 Nov 1887 in Nevada Co AR (AN,300n) (AN,298i,299j,258k,300n)
Most info came from sources MV and census records. Some came from source W.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids