JOAN ANTROBUS, baptised 25-Jun-1592 in St. Albans, Hertfordshire, England;
daughter of Walter ANTROBUS born ____ & Joan ARNOLD born c1570;
died after 29-Jan-1660/61 in Ipswich, MA.
Joan and her 2nd husband, John Tuttell, left England on the small barque Planter on 11-Apr-1635 and arrived at Boston, MA, on Sunday 7-Jun-1635. They brought their family to America together with an extended family group of Tuttells, Joan's mother Joan (Arnold) Antrobus, and Joan's three Lawrence children. They settled initially at Ipswich, Mass. She was at the time 42 years old and her husband was 39 years old. John Tuttell returned to the British Isles about 1651 with his youngest daughter, Hannah, and died at Carrickfergus, Ireland, 30-Dec-1656.
Married (1) c1609 in St. Albans, Hertfordshire, to Thomas LAWRENCE;
born ____ in __?__, England;
son of _____ LAWRENCE born ____ & _____;
died c1626/27 in St. Albans, Hertfordshire, England.
Children of Joan & Thomas:
- John Lawrence, born c1617;
- William Lawrence, born c1622;
- Marie Lawrence, born c1625;
Married (2) c1628 in St. Albans, Hertfordshire, to John TUTTLE;
baptised 4-Jun-1596 in Holcot, Northampton, England;
son of Symon TUTTELL born c1560 & Isabell WELLS born c1565;
died 30-Dec-1656 in Carrickfergus, Ireland.
Children of Joan & John:
- Abigail Tuttle, baptised 24-Nov-1628;
- Simon Tuttle, baptised 10-Jan-1630/31;
- Sarah Tuttle, baptised 4-Sep-1632;
- John Tuttle, baptised 21-Mar-1633/34; living in Apr-1657, died before 4-Apr-1674; probably unmarried.
- Hannah Tuttle, born c1636/37 in Ipswich, MA; returned to England c1651 with her father; married & died there.