F, #2521, born between 1566 and 1571, died 1612
- [S496] George L. Bolton, Worden Origins (Decorah, IA: Anundsen Publishing Co., 1997), pp 79-80.
- [S496] George L. Bolton, Worden Origins, p. 80.
- [S496] George L. Bolton, Worden Origins, p. 83.
- [S294] Worden Family Association, "Wordens Past", Vol. XXVI, Issue No. 2, August 2006.
- [S496] George L. Bolton, Worden Origins, p. 79.
M, #2522, born about 1568, died 1601
- [S496] George L. Bolton, Worden Origins (Decorah, IA: Anundsen Publishing Co., 1997), p. 83.
M, #2524, born about 1682
|Birth*||John Southard was born about 1682. |
M, #2525, born about 1716
|Birth*||Absalom Southard was born about 1716. |
|Marriage*||He married Cornelia Barns in 1738. |
|Note*||Probably died before 14 Jun 1793 when his father made his will. |
F, #2526, born about 1720
F, #2527, born about 1720
|Birth*||Phebe Southard was born about 1720. |
|Marriage*||She married Thomas Lansington. |
|Note*||Probably died before 14 Jun 1793 when her father made his will. |
M, #2528, born about 1715
F, #2529, born 23 June 1744
|Baptism*||Mary Southard was baptized on 23 June 1744. |
F, #2530, born 18 August 1747
|Baptism*||Phebe Southard was baptized on 18 August 1747. |
F, #2531, born between 1745 and 1756
|Birth*||Louisa Southard was born between 1745 and 1756.1 |
|Marriage*||She married Philip Race. |
- [S321] "New York Genealogical & Biographical Record", 86:197, Vol. 114, No. 4, p. 196.
M, #2532, born about 1725
M, #2533, born 1756
|Birth*||Joseph Southard was born in 1756. |
|Marriage*||He married Jerusha Mills. |
F, #2534, born about 1760, died 1800
F, #2535, born about 1780
|Note*||Elizabeth was probably one of Joseph and Crintia Southard's grandchildren. She is named as the mother of their great grandson, Joseph Wording, but she may not have been born a Southard.1 |
|Birth*||Elizabeth Southard was born about 1780. |
|Marriage*||She married Unknown Wording. |
- [S529] Clifford Buck and William McDermott, compiler, 18th Century Documents of the Nine Partners Patent - Dutchess County, NY (Baltimore, MD: Gateway Press, Inc., 1979), Estates #247, p. 552 (Dutchess County Will Book B1). Hereinafter cited as 18th Cent. Documents.
M, #2536, born about 1775
|Note*||Could this be Samuel M. Worden #1873? |
|Birth*||Unknown Wording was born about 1775. |
|Marriage*||He married Elizabeth Southard. |
M, #2537, born before 14 June 1793
|Birth*||Joseph Wording was born before 14 June 1793 cited as great grandson in Joseph Southard's (TMG ID # 2116) will dated 14 Jun 1793.1 |
|Marriage*||He married Mary Walker on 13 January 1841 both of Pittsfield, NY.2 |
Leah (Lany) Reisdorf
F, #2538, born before 29 April 1781, died 1865
|Birth*||Leah (Lany) Reisdorf was born before 29 April 1781. |
|Baptism||She was baptized on 29 April 1781 at German Ref. Church, Rhinebeck, Dutchess, New York. |
|Marriage*||She married Abraham Van Etten, son of Petrus Van Etten and Grietje Keyser, on 23 December 1804 in Woodstock, Ulster, New York, ODC Register #2173: Abraham Van Etten j.m. (young man), and Lea Reisdorf, j.d. (young woman), both residing under the jurisdiction of Woodstock twp, Kingston.2,3 |
|Death*||Leah (Lany) Reisdorf died in 1865.1 |
- [S401] Ancestry Web Site,, Ancestry.com. http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/9894925/person/-111451307
- [S313] Church records,Old Dutch Church Records (ODC), Kingston, NY.
- [S303] Arthur M. Kelly, Kinship publications ; Rhinebeck, NY: Kinship, Kingston Dutch Ref. Church # 2173, Kinship 2-13, p. 67.
M, #2539, born 1741
|Birth*||Hendrikus Oosteroom was born in 1741. |
|Baptism||He was baptized on 1 July 1741 at Fishkill, Dutchess, New York. |
Jacobus Van Etten1
M, #2540, born before 1760
|Birth*||Jacobus Van Etten was born before 1760. |
|Rev War*||Jacobus Van Etten served in the Revolutionary War with the 2nd New York Regiment under Captain Edward Loounsbery in the 2nd Battalion of New Fork Forces, commanded by Colonel Phili Cortlandt.2 |
- [S342] E. M. Smith, Kipsbergen in Dutchess County... (Rhinebeck, NY: Rhinebeck Gazette, 1894), p. 28.
- [S285] United States Military Service Record, National Archives Reel M-860, Roll 0053: General index card 2997.
Floyd August Tipple1
M, #2541, born 14 August 1896, died 22 November 1978
|Birth||Floyd August Tipple was born on 16 August 1894 in Newburgh, Orange, New York.3 |
|Birth*||He was born on 14 August 1896.1,4 |
|Note*||Eruption of Mt. Lassen Volcano: |
Floyd was an eye witness and, in fact, injured when he was caught on the mountain when the volcano began spewing ash and "rocks and boulders bounded past him." The complete article and several other clippings were sent to me (DJW) by Keith Olsen, Crockett Historical Society,Crockett, CA. I am deeply grateful to him for providing this insight to my granduncle. on 14 June 1914.5
|Census*||He appeared on the census of 1920 at Contra Costa, California.6 |
|Marriage*||He married Christina Unknown.6 |
|Divorce*||Floyd August Tipple and Christina Unknown were divorced on 10 October 1929 Christinia A. Tipple filed for divorce from Floyd A. Tipple and asked for custody of two children.7 |
|Note||A photo essay describes Floyd's hobby of growing tomatoes in water and chemicals (an early version of hydroponic gardening, evidently). on 1 August 1939.8 |
|Note||A grandson was born to his daughter, on 18 August 1953.9 |
|Residence*||Floyd August Tipple lived in 1971 lived at 1420 Ceres Street, Crockett, CA 94825.10 |
|Death*||Floyd August Tipple died on 22 November 1978 in Contra Costa, California, "In Memoriam|
"Floyd A Tipple, retired boiler house foreman died November 20 at age 82. Mr. Tipple had been associated withe C and H for 42 years when he retired in 1961. He had made his home in Martinez in recent years.
"He is surivived by a daughter, Patricia Ligon, of Martinez."
i-Social Security # 547-01-1703.11,12
|Note||Manuscript by Keith Olsen, Crockett Historical Society, titled "Mt. Lassen Explodes, Described by Floyd A. Tipple": Describes life of Floyd Tipple along with the history of Lassen Peak and the origin of its name with special focus on Floyd's experiences the day the volcano exploded. (To be published in December 2008.).2 |
- [S312] Census, 1900.
- [S409] Family records, e-mail address.
- [S491] Unknown subject, World War I Draft Registration Card . Hereinafter cited as WW I Draft Card.
- [S288] Death record , http://vitals.rootsweb.com/ca/death
- [S511] Floyd Tipple - Personal Account, "Retiree's Personal Account when Lid Blew off Mt. Lassen", The Cubelet Press Vol. XXXI, No. 11 (Nov 1966): Cubelet Press is the house organ of C&H (The California and Hawaiian Sugar Refining Corporation) in Crockett, CA.. Hereinafter cited as "Mt. Lassen Volcano."
- [S312] Census, 1920.
- [S310] Newspaper clipping, Oakland Tribune Oct. 10, 1929.
- [S511] Floyd Tipple - Personal Account, "Mt. Lassen Volcano", Cubelet Press is the house organ of C&H (The California and Hawaiian Sugar Refining Corporation) in Crockett, CA. August 1, 1939.
- [S511] Floyd Tipple - Personal Account, "Mt. Lassen Volcano", Cubelet Press is the house organ of C&H (The California and Hawaiian Sugar Refining Corporation) in Crockett, CA. Sept. 11, 1953.
- [S458] Chapman Address Book.
- [S358] Deceased citizens, Social Security Death Index CD (and online), Ongoing.
- [S511] Floyd Tipple - Personal Account, "Mt. Lassen Volcano", Cubelet Press is the house organ of C&H (The California and Hawaiian Sugar Refining Corporation) in Crockett, CA.December 1978.
F, #2542, born about 1733
- [S305] Gilbert Bahn, Gilbert Bahn (including Bahn Census of the Ancient Worden Family in America to 1850) , Letter and documentation on the E1X line from Donna L. Benedict, 129 Cedar St., Wayland, MI 49348 in DJW files.
M, #2543, born about 1751
|Birth*||Nathan Worden was born about 1751. |
|Rev War*||Nathan Worden served in the Revolutionary War.1 |
- [S294] Worden Family Association, "Wordens Past", p.818.
M, #2544, born 1753
|Birth*||Joseph Worden was born in 1753. |
M, #2545, born about 1740
- [S305] Gilbert Bahn, Gilbert Bahn (including Bahn Census of the Ancient Worden Family in America to 1850) , See citation for Peleg Worden, b. 26 Sep 1732.
M, #2546, born about 1760
F, #2547, born about 1628?
|Birth*||Hannah Prence was born about 1628? |
|Marriage*||She married Nathaniel Mayo. |
M, #2548, born about 1715
|Birth*||Daniel Smith was born about 1715. |
F, #2549, born 1718, died 1798
|Birth*||Betty Whitney was born in 1718. |
|Death*||Betty Whitney died in 1798. |
F, #2550, born about 1765