1. EDWARD1 HARRIS
Notes for EDWARD HARRIS:
New Albany, IN somewhere there abouts
Story is that 5 brothers came to America and spread out all over
Alleghany PA in the Coal Mines is a supposed starting point.
All Per Family Knowledge. Have yet to connect line to Coming to America
Child of EDWARD HARRIS is:
2. i. EDWARD2 HARRIS, b. 1891, Kentucky.
Generation No. 2
2. EDWARD2 HARRIS (EDWARD1)1 was born 1891 in Kentucky. He married (1) UNKNOWN 1909 in Jefferson Co., Louisville, KY. He married (2) HELENA ANGELA WEITZ2,3,4 1917 in Jefferson Co., Louisville, KY. She was born 1888 in Oldenburg, Germany, and died 1967 in Louisville, Jefferson Co., KY.
Notes for HELENA ANGELA WEITZ:
was traveling with Josephine Weitz was said to be sister in law married to Helena's brother in the states.
Ship of Travel was Grosser Kurfurst
Port of Depature was Bremen Germany to New York
More About HELENA ANGELA WEITZ:
Emigration: October 14, 1903, Ellis Island
Children of EDWARD HARRIS and HELENA WEITZ are:
3. i. JOSEPH WILLIAM3 HARRIS, b. September 22, 1921, Louisville, Ky; d. May 15, 1985, Peoria, IL.
ii. VICTOR HARRIS, b. 1927.
iii. RAYMOND HARRIS, b. 1925.
iv. ANITA HARRIS.
v. MARY L HARRIS, b. 1914.
vi. GENEVEA HARRIS, b. 1916.
vii. HENRY HARRIS, b. 1918.
viii. EDWARD HARRIS, b. 1920.
Generation No. 3
3. JOSEPH WILLIAM3 HARRIS (EDWARD2, EDWARD1) was born September 22, 1921 in Louisville, Ky, and died May 15, 1985 in Peoria, IL. He married WANDA ROSS5 1943 in Jefferson Co., KY, daughter of JOHN ROSS and LULA BARNES. She was born July 16, 1923, and died June 1975 in Floyds Knobs, IN.
More About JOSEPH WILLIAM HARRIS:
Cause of Death: stroke
1. 1930 Census Record.Jefferson CO., Ky
2. 1930 Census Record.Jefferson Ky
3. Ellis Island Records, "Electronic."www.ellisislandrecords.orgarrived at Ellis IslandDate 10/14/1903age: 22Ship Travel Grosser KurfurstPort Dep: Bremen Germany to New York
4. Social Security Death Index.28 Nov 1888 - May 1967 Louisville, Jefferson, Ky 40228405-20-2074 Kentucky
5. 1930 Census Record.District 3 Nelson, Kentucky