Souvenir AlbumIn and Around Detroit 1910
Church of our Lady of the Lake Walkerville, Ontario 1910
1910--The parish known as Our Lady of the Lake was founded in 1884 by the Rev. Fr. Wagner. The Rev. Jos. Alfred Lapierre became its first pastor. Rev. Fr. Beaudoin, the present rector, was appointed June, 1891. Fr. Beaudoin erected the present church after the destruction by fire of the old one. Number of pupils attending separate school, 300. Taught by the St. Joseph's Sisters of London, Ont.
St. Joseph's Sisters--The Sisters of St. Joseph came to Walkerville over twenty years ago, to take charge of the Catholic schools of this locality. The Mother House of this order is London, Ont. The schools taught by them at Walkerville are Notre Dame and St. Edwards. (page 63)
Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
(includes Windsor, Ontario area)
The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids