Souvenir AlbumIn and Around Detroit 1910
St. Mary's College and Academy Monroe, Michigan 1910
1910--St. Mary's College and Academy is a home school for girls and young women conducted by the Sisters Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
The Curriculum covers Preparatory, Academic, Commercial and Collegiate Courses. It also affords special advantages to students in art, music, expression, modern languages, Physical Training and Domestic Science. Its diploma is accepted by the leading Universities and Colleges.
The aim of the school is to train the Christian young woman, not only in those branches of education common to all High Schools and Colleges but to discipline the heart as well as the mind to give them a practical knowledge of the social activities that tend toward making the happiness of the home. The development of the individual is never lost sight of, personal attention is considered to be of absolute necessity, as only under its fostering care the soul can grow, and when there is no growth of soul there can be no education, and in order to aid in this home spirit is the atmosphere of the school.
The College building is new, sanitary, spacious, well equipped and fire-proof throughout. The location is healthful and pleasant, convenient to reach by electric or steam road--being one hour from Detroit, The grounds are extensive, covering one hundred forty acres and consist of lawn, park, garden and forest. (page 52)
Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
(includes Windsor, Ontario area)
The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910