Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

Souvenir Album In and Around Detroit 1910


housegoodshepherd.jpg (30354 bytes)

The House of the Good Shepherd    Detroit, Michigan  1910magdalens.jpg (45843 bytes)

Magdalens New Building of the Good Shepherd

1910--The Sisters of the Good Shepherd opened their Detroit house in 1883, through the earnest efforts of the late Rev. Bishop Borgess. The House is located on Fort Street West and the property takes in an entire block. Since its organization thousands have found a shelter and a home. The home is not endowed and the Good Sisters depend on their work and the charitably disposed for maintenance of the house. About 500 are looked after.  (page 49)

Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
  (includes Windsor, Ontario area)

The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910

Home