Souvenir AlbumIn and Around Detroit 1910
St. Vincent Female Orphan Asylum Detroit, Michigan 1910
1910--St. Vincent's Orphan Asylum was founded in 1851. The present home of St. Vincent's is located on McDougal avenue between Congress and Larned streets. It is a diocesan institution conducted by the Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul. The number of girls sheltered in this home averages about two hundred and ninety; they are given a grammar course of study and are instructed in the various household economics.
Sister Bernardine is the Superior of the institution. (pages 48-49)
Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
(includes Windsor, Ontario area)
The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910