Souvenir AlbumIn and Around Detroit 1910
Church and School of St. Thomas the Apostle, Ann Arbor, Mich.
St. Thomas the Apostle, Ann Arbor, Michigan 1910
1910--As far back as 1830 a Catholic congregation was organized in Ann Arbor by the pioneer priest, Rev. Fr. Kelly. In 1835 he was succeeded by Fr. Morrissey. Rev. Thomas Cullen became the first resident priest of Ann Arbor. This was in 1840. In 1843 the first church was erected.
In the year of 1891 the present pastor, the Rev. E.D. Kelly, was appointed by Rt. Rev Bishop Foley. Rev. E.D. Kelly erected the present handsome church, the corner-stone of which was laid in 1897. He also erected the present priest house. The school children, about 250, are taught by the Sisters from Monroe. Rev. E.D. Kelly is assisted at present by Rev. W.F. Murphy, D.D.
Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
(includes Windsor, Ontario area)
The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids