Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

Souvenir Album In and Around Detroit 1910


sacredheartchurch.jpg (24114 bytes)

Sacred Heart Church 

sacredheartschool.jpg (43679 bytes)

Sacred Heart School

Sacred Heart Parish,     Detroit, Michigan  1910

1910--Sacred Heart church located at Rivard and Elliott streets was founded by the Franciscan Fathers in 1875. The present rector is Rev. Leo Strauss.

The school is conducted by the School Sisters of Notre Dame, and has an enrollment of four hundred and seventy-five pupils.  (page 38)

 

 


Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Academies and Institutions
  (includes Windsor, Ontario area)

The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910

Home