Souvenir AlbumIn and Around Detroit 1910
St. Patrick's Church and School Wyandotte, Michigan 1910
1910--The foundation of St. Patrick's was laid in 1857. Up to that time the Catholics of Wyandotte attended church at Ecorse. The first permanent rector was the Rev. Charles DePreiter. Bishop Paul Lefever, D. D., bought the land and the church as started at once. Until the year 1883 this church was known as St. Charles'. The Rev. Fr. Roeper finished the present church, and its dedicated to the patronage of St. Patrick. The school was opened in 1885, the old church being used.
Rev. James A. Hally was appointed in 1894. He erected a fine school in 1907. The number of pupils in attendance is 300, taught by the Sisters from Monroe. (page 35)
Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
(includes Windsor, Ontario area)
The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910