Souvenir AlbumIn and Around Detroit 1910
St. Hedwig's Parish, Detroit, Michigan 1910
St. Hedwig's congregation is an offshoot of St. Francis, and was organized by the Poles in 1902. On July 3, 1903, Rev. John Mueller was appointed as its first pastor. The first church was built in the same year, and is a combination building, containing church and school.
The Franciscan Fathers from Buffalo are now at the head of affairs; they have erected a new monastery since their occupancy, and will break ground for a splendid new church during the present year.
The school belonging to this parish has an enrollment of more than six hundred and fifty children, who are taught by the Felician Sisters. (page 34)
Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
(includes Windsor, Ontario area)
The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids