Souvenir AlbumIn and Around Detroit 1910
Monastery of Bonaventure, Detroit, Michigan 1910
1910--Located in the northwestern part of Detroit in Mount Elliott avenue is the Capuchin Monastery of St. Bonaventure. The Monastery was founded in 1883 at the solicitation of the Rt. Rev. Bishop Borgess. The church attached to the Monastery was dedicated in 1884 by Bishop Borgess and Bishop Marty of Dakota.
This is also the Novitiate of the Order, and the headquarters of the Rev. Father Provincial.
The Superior of the Monastery is Rev. Hioronymus Henkel. (page 32)
Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
(includes Windsor, Ontario area)
The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids