Souvenir AlbumIn and Around Detroit 1910
St. Florian's Parish, Hamtramck, Michigan 1910 1910--The new parish known as St. Florian's, located at the corner of Florian and Warsaw Avenues, in the suburb of Hamtramck, was organized by the Poles in 1907, with Rev. Bernard Zmijewski as its first pastor. Ground was broken for the church in March, 1908, and the corner-stone was laid in July of the same year, and was dedicated January 10, 1909, by Rt. Rev. John S. Foley, Bishop of Detroit.
The property consists of one square block and the buildings include a combination structure, church and school, also a rectory.
The pupils number one hundred and are taught by the Felician Sisters of Detroit. One hundred and fifty families constitute the membership of the church. (page 31)
Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
(includes Windsor, Ontario area)
The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910