Souvenir AlbumIn and Around Detroit 1910
Sacred Heart of Mary Church and School
Sacred Heart of Mary Parish Detroit, Michigan 1910
1910---In 1883 this church was organized by the Poles, and it is today one of the largest Catholic congregations in the Diocese of Detroit.
The present rector, Rev. Joseph Fulta, was appointed in 1899. He built the new school and the parish rectory.
The number of pupils attending the school is about fourteen hundred; they are taught by the Sisters of St. Joseph. (page 31)
WEBMASTERS NOTE: The pamphlet calls this the Sacred Heart of Mary Parish
Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
(includes Windsor, Ontario area)
The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids