Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

Souvenir Album In and Around Detroit 1910


stjohns.jpg (45417 bytes)

stjohnsschool.jpg (46511 bytes)

 

St. John's Church and School  Detroit, Michigan  1910

1910---The organization of this parish took place in 1892, under the directorship of the Rev. Henry Meuffels, who became its first pastor. The church property on East Grand Boulevard, between Sargent and Griffin Sts. In December,. 1898, the present Pastor, the Rev. J. A. Kessler, was appointed, and to him the credit must be given for building up St. John's. The buildings consist of Church, Sisters' Home, Rectory, and a fine school. The school is attended by 350 children, under the charge of the Sisters of Christian Charity. Rev. J.A. Kessler is assisted by Rev. Jos. Connors.  (page 29)

Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
  (includes Windsor, Ontario area)

The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910

Home