Souvenir AlbumIn and Around Detroit 1910
Church and School of St. Leo 1910
St. Leo's Church Detroit, Michigan
In 1910-- The parish of St. Leo's was organized in 1889 by the Rev. Mathew Meathe, the present Pastor. The property is located corner of Grand River Avenue, between Hancock Avenue and 15th Street, extending back on 15th Street to Warren Avenue.
The Church property consists of a fine church, rectory, and school and power house. The number of pupils attending the school is 600, taught by the Sisters of Charity. Their foundress was Mother Seaton. The Mother House of the Order is located at Cincinnati, Ohio. Rev. Thomas W. Hussey is the assistant. (page 25)
Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
(includes Windsor, Ontario area)
The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910