Souvenir AlbumIn and Around Detroit 1910
Holy Redeemer Church and School
Holy Redeemer Parish, Detroit, Michigan 1910
1910---The Redemptorist Fathers, who are the supervisors of this congregation, founded the parish in 1880. Holy Redeemer is the largest English speaking parish in the city. It is located at Dix and Junction avenues.
The number of pupils attending the parochial school is twelve hundred and twenty, taught by the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Rev. Daniel Mullane, C. SS., R., is the superior he is assisted by several priests of the order. This church property is one of the finest in the Dioceses, consisting of Church, Monastery, School and Sisters' Convent. Fr. Mullane has been the great mover in the building up of Holy Redeemer.
Donaldson & Meier were the architects of the convent building. (page 23)
Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
(includes Windsor, Ontario area)
The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910