Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

Souvenir Album In and Around Detroit 1910


staloysius.jpg (105040 bytes)

St. Aloysius' Church, Rectory and School and Sisters' Home

St. Aloysius Church 1910   Detroit, Michigan

1910---This church is located on Washington Avenue, right in the heart of the business center of Detroit. It was founded in 1873 and Rev. Earnest Van Dyke became its first pastor. For many years this church was the Pro Cathedral of the Detroit Dioceses, or until it was removed to SS. Peter and Paul, the present Pro Cathedral. Rev. Fr. Van Dyke is still the pastor. He is assisted by the Rev. C.J. Linskey. The school is conducted by the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati. Number of pupils is 120.  (page 21)


Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
  (includes Windsor, Ontario area)

The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910

Home