Souvenir AlbumIn and Around Detroit 1910
St. Vincents de Paul Parish Buildings, Fourteenth Avenue
St. Vincent de Paul Detroit, Michigan 1910
In 1910--This church property is located on Fourteenth street between Dalzelle and Marantette streets. It was founded in 1866 by Rev. A. L. Bleyenberg. This property consists of a church, a parochial residence, a parochial school, an academy, a hall and the sisters' residence.
The number of pupils in attendance in the various departments is about eight hundred and fifty. Primary, grammar, intermediate and high school branches are included in the schedule. The Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary are the teachers.
The schools and hall were built by the present pastor, Rev. James G. Doherty, who has been identified with this parish for nearly a quarter of a century. Fr. Doherty is assisted in his work by the Rev. M. Chawke. (pg. 18)
Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
(includes Windsor, Ontario area)
The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910