Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

Souvenir Album In and Around Detroit 1910


stanthony.jpg (131146 bytes)

St. Anthony's Church, Rectory and School

 

St. Anthony's Parish, Detroit, Michigan 1910

In 1910--The modest little frame church which was the original home of worship of St. Anthony's congregation was dedicated on July 5, 1857. The first pastor was Rev. Leopold Pawlowski, who remained with the congregation but a short time. Rev. J. A. Konig succeeded him and remained with the parish until 1860. The school was established in 1865.

In 1895 Rev. Charles J. Hutter took charge of the parish affairs; he built the substantial school and replaced the church by a handsome new structure in 1902. The school is in charge of School Sisters of Notre Dame, whose mother house is in Milwaukee, Wis. Number of pupils in attendance is over 700. Donaldson & Meier were the architects for the church. (page 16)

anthonypostcard.jpg (27756 bytes)
Old Postcard of the Church


Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
  (includes Windsor, Ontario area)

The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910

Home