Souvenir AlbumIn and Around Detroit 1910
New St. Anne's, 18th and Howard
St. Anne's Church.
The new St. Annes' Church was founded in 1886. This parish is one of the oldest in the United States, having an unbroken history since 1701. The Preface gives a short account of Old St. Anne's. The present pastor is the Rev. L. Renaud, C.S.B. The number of children attending school is 350, taught by sisters of the Holy Name. The Basilian Fathers are in charge of the parish affairs. Under their rectorship the new St. Anne's was erected. Rev. L. Renaud, C.S.B. is Superior. He is assisted in his labors by members of the order. The architect of St. Anne's church and school was Leon Coquard.
Containing Illustrations of Catholic Churches, Schools and Acadamies and Institutions
(includes Windsor, Ontario area)
The photographs and text were published in 1910 in honor of the seventh Annual Meeting of the Catholic Educational Association which met in Detroit, Michigan, July 5, 1910
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids