Denton, Carter County, Kentucky
Genealogy and History
Dedicated to all of those who came before us, and to all who will come after.
Denton, Kentucky in the early 1900's
Read a short History of Denton as written by Mary Bailey.
Search the Denton, Carter County, Kentucky web page for your family :
Unfortunately the Photo Album and the names in the census images are not searchable, but the indexes for the Album and the census images don't take that long to look through.
- Over 240 Denton, Hitchins, and Grayson family and landscape photos for your enjoyment. I am looking for any Denton related landscape or family photographs to add to this site, so if you have anything that you would like to share, send it my way.
- Nearly all the cemeteries in Denton, as well as few Carter County cemeteries. Includes hundreds of names, and I now have over 190 headstone photographs, just click on the highlighted name to view the photo.
- Correspondence Articles from various newspapers, such as The Courier - Journal, The Bugle Herald, and the Eastern Kentucky Journal. This is a virtual diary of happenings in Denton over the span of the past hundred years. Tons of names.
- Actual census images from the 1910 Carter County Census for the entire Straight Creek Road (Denton) voting area. You must view these images and look for your families names, the images are not searchable.
- Take a historic trip through Denton around the year 1925 as described by my grandmother Esther Reeves McHenry while she was growing up on Straight Creek. Includes the names of family homes and businesses, and a few photos.
Hitchins Depot Mt. Savage Hitchins High School C&O Freight Depot (Olive Hill)
These are drawings that i have done of our local landmarks. For anyone interested i have prints available for purchase on my website.
|This Eastern Kentucky Genealogy site is owned by Martin McHenry [Skip Prev] [Prev] [Next] [Next 5] [Skip Next] [Random] Join the Ring!|
Click HERE to return to Carter County GenWeb
If you have any questions or comments please contact me (Martin McHenry)at: email@example.com
Or you can contact my father Marvin McHenry at: firstname.lastname@example.org
WebPages created by Martin McHenry. Information and photos compiled by Martin McHenry and Marvin McHenry
Background photo is the Pennington store which later became the Stewart store that once stood in Denton at the mouth of Glancy Fork.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids