Stanislaus Gauthier dit Landreville1
- [S797] Gallant, Les Registres de la Gaspésie in Mémoires (Montreal: Societe Genealogique Canadienne-Francaise, 1961), p. 119.
- [S631] Université de Montréal, “Programme de recherche en démographie historique (PRDH),” http://www.genealogie.umontreal.ca/en/: Marriage Certificate # 149899, Marriage of Phillipe Gervais & Louise Gautier.
- [S631] Université de Montréal, “Programme de recherche en démographie historique (PRDH),” http://www.genealogie.umontreal.ca/en/: Marriage Certificate # 150012, Marriage of Jean Baptiste Gauthier & Barbe Gervais.
F, b. circa 1718
|Charts||Descendants of Antoine Archambault|
|Marriage*||3 October 1736||Montréal, Québec, Canada; Phillipe, aged 28, of Pointe-aux-Trembles & Louise, aged 18, of Montreal, both unable to sign, were married in the presence of Louis Gervaise (father of the groom), Jean Gautier (father of the bride), Charles Gervais (uncle of the groom), Louis Gervais (brother of the groom), Laurent Blaud, Francois Trutau, Phillipe Vine Preville, Joseph Gautier (brother of the bride), Joseph Dagueuille & Louise Daugeuille. "Les trois bans ont etepublies dans cette paroisse et dans celle de l'epoux comme il appert par le certificat de M. Courtois"; Groom=Phillipe Gervaise, Witness=Louis Gervaise, Witness=Jean Gautier, Witness=Charles Gervaise, Witness=Louis Gervaise, Witness=Laurent Bleau1|
|Phillipe Gervaise b. c 1708|
|Marriage*||circa 1722||Groom=Jean Breau1|
|Jean Breau b. 1699|
- [S69] Leger, Beloved Acadia of my Ancestors (Translated by Antoine Bugeauld; Montreal: Fleuve, 1992), Fam 146, pg. 315.
|Marriage*||1708||Port-Royal, Acadie; Groom=Jean Brun1|
|Jean Brun b. 1682|
- [S69] Leger, Beloved Acadia of my Ancestors (Translated by Antoine Bugeauld; Montreal: Fleuve, 1992),, 1Fam 476, pg. 363.
|Marriage*||11 January 1814||Memramcook, Westmoreland County, New Brunswick, Canada; Witnessed by Paul Gautreau and Pierre Neil; Groom=Francois Comeau1|
- [S50] St. Thomas de Memramcook Roman Catholic Chirch Parish Register, Memramcook, Westmoreland Co., NB, 1806-1859, microfilm in french, mostly legible, MFM # F15663, The Provincial Archives of New Brunswick.
- [S65] , Un historique de la famille Leger- Legere, 1687-1994 in 390th anniversaire de l'Acadie (Shediac, NB: Tours Placide-Gaudet Inc., 1994), pg 30.
M, b. 1637
|Father||François Gautreau1,2,3 b. 1613|
|Mother||Marie (?)4 d. c 1646|
|Birth*||1637||Annapolis Royal, Richmond County, Nova Scotia, Canada; aged 34 in 16711,2,3|
- [S33] LDS Ancestral File GEDCOM File "GIROUAR.ged" imported on 01/28/1996, Ancestral File Date: 21 Aug 1992, Gedcom file on diskette and Pedigree charts and Family Groups Sheets printouts in possession of author, Family History Library.
- [S69] Leger, Beloved Acadia of my Ancestors (Translated by Antoine Bugeauld; Montreal: Fleuve, 1992), Fam.#276, pg 336.
- [S127] , 1671 Acadian Census transcript downloaded from the WWW, Acadian/ Cajun Genealogy Webpage: www.geocities.com/heartland/hills/3061/genacad1.htm . Nominal census, gives ages. (n.p.: n.pub., 1671), pg. 2.
- [S970] Lorenzo J. Dupuis, (author e-mail address available on request), to Dawn Ellis, Email, 19 Nov 2008,Though Lorenzo doesn't mention Charles Gautreau, it seems likely that he had the same mother as Marie, Lorenzo cites: Stephen White`s article in Acadian Geneology Exchange, vol. XX, #1- "Based on supposition", he says," since there is no proof to show that Francois Gautreau's first wife, Marie, was a Micmac Indian; all that is known of her is that her given name, which appears in the record of her son Charles's marriage. There, her family name is omitted. Some presume that this omission signifies that she was an Indian, but other reasons for it are possible."
"Dictionnaire Généalogique des Familles Acadiennes(1999) de Stephen A. White, p.691-Identifies François Gautreau's 1st wife as " Marie (nom de famille inconnu)", who became the mother of Marie Gautrot(b.cir.1636), veuve Potet, the wife of Michel Dupuis. This is also stated on p.596 where Michel Dupuis's wife is identified as "veuve Potet" and her parents as François Gautrot and 1st wife Marie(family name unknown). It is widely (and WRONGLY) reported that the parents of Michel Dupuis' wife are François Gautrot and Edmée Lejeune. Edmée was François Gautrot's 2nd wife with whom he had a child also named Marie(b.cir.1645); this latter Marie married Claude Thériot."
Lorenzo also cites this web site, "Acadian and French Canadian Ancestral Home" ( http://www.acadian-home.org/) by Lucie Leblanc Concentino, which is home of the "Mother's of Acadia mt-DNA Project". The project has proved that Francois Gautreau's first wife, Marie, was European, not Amerindien as has been frequently reported, Dawn Ellis, Graham, North Carolina, USA.