Bibliography of Resources
These are the resources from which I gleaned the data for the WINSTON Outline Descendant Tree (ODT).
Some of these sources with a network address
may be proprietary resources requiring membership for access,
possibly after paying a fee.
Examples: the Genealogy.com
or the Ancestry.com
Some, such as the
may be available gratis through your local public library.
To find individual source citations (and notes), go to the
on the WINSTON pages navigation bar above.
- , [ID=@S2915@, Citations=1]
- Brøderbund Software, Inc., WFT 01, Medium: Family Archive CD, [ID=@S2811@, Citations=6]
- CAHART, Mrs. Lucy Ann (Morris), "Genealogy of the Morris Family", (New York, 1911), Medium: Book, Location: RAD, Comments: Descendants of Thomas Morris (ca 1620-1673) of Connecticut. 36 ancestor generations are given, as well as a collateral descent from generations 34-37.., Quality: Very disorganized and hard to use. No index!, [ID=@S2788@, Citations=3]
- Chamberlain, Larry, Email: 1999 11 19 22:15:09 -0800, Medium: Electronic, Comments: "From D.L. Jacobus", [ID=@S3233@, Citations=15]
- HOLCOMBE, James H., Jr., "Family of President R. B. Hayes", (
http://www2.palladiumnet.com/UFT/WebPages/jholcomb/RBHAYES/index.htm), Medium: Electronic, Comments: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org, [ID=@S2907@, Citations=11]
- JACOBUS, Donald Lines, "Families of Ancient New Haven" (9 vols), (New Haven, 1922-32; Baltimore, 1974, 81), Medium: Book, Call number: LC 73-22149, Location:
FTM CD 179, [ID=@S2962@, Citations=18]
- LDS, Ancestral File (AF), (
http://www.familysearch.org), Medium: Electronic, [ID=@S2708@, Citations=17]
- MAHLER, Leslie, English Origins of John Winston of New Haven, CT, (TAG 79:4 (Oct 2004)), Medium: Periodical, [ID=@S2564@, Citations=6]
- RAD, [estimate], Medium: Other, [ID=@S3087@, Citations=2]
- SAVAGE, James, "Genealogical Dictionary of First Settlers of New England" (4 vols), (Boston, 1860-62;
http://www.usgennet.org/usa/vt/state/savage/), Medium: Book, Call number: L.C. # 65-18541 ISBN 0-8063-0309-3, Comments: A Genealogical history of early New England settlers; These books are still regarded as the authority on early New England genealogy; All dates are N.S. http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/glc/links/w/s/w-savage.html, Quality: BB scanned edition has pagination not matching original text., [ID=@S2792@, Citations=10]
- SCOTT-CAVALLO-WOOD-FRITZEN, Sandra Kay, "Candee's CyberPlace", (
http://126.96.36.199/~sandee/genealog/menug.htm), Medium: Electronic, Comments: email@example.com, [ID=@S2804@, Citations=1]
- TORREY, Clarence Almon, "New England Marriages prior to 1700", (NEHGS CD-TY, 2001), Medium: Book, [ID=@S2879@, Citations=3]
- WHEELER, Mary Beth, "Ancestry of Bob and Mary Beth Wheeler", (
http://WC.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=MBWHEELER), Medium: Electronic, [ID=@S3331@, Citations=7]