Bibliography of Resources
These are the resources from which I gleaned the data for the SIDNEY Outline Descendant Tree (ODT).
Some of these sources with a network address
may be proprietary resources requiring membership for access,
possibly after paying a fee.
Examples: the Genealogy.com
or the Ancestry.com
Some, such as the
may be available gratis through your local public library.
To find individual source citations (and notes), go to the
on the SIDNEY pages navigation bar above.
- DUDLEY, Dean, "Dudley Genealogies and Family Records, The", (Boston, MA, 1848\
http://FTM.genealogy.com/_glc_/1563/), Medium: Book, Call number: CS71.D85, Comments: This book is presented as an introduction to a large biographical account of the Dudley family. The documentation follow from the ruins of Dudley Castle in England through an explanation of the Dudley Coat of Arms and the history and posterity of key members of the Dudley family., [ID=@S2489@, Citations=2]
- DUNCAN-JONES, Katherine, "Sir Philip Sidney: Courtier Poet", (Yale University Press, 1991), Medium: Book, Call number: LC 91-65391, Location: RAD, [ID=@S3032@, Citations=19]
- HUMPHREYS, Mark, "Mark Humphrys - History - Family History", (
http://www.computing.dcu.ie/~humphrys/FamTree/), Medium: Electronic, Comments: Dates seem to be O.S., [ID=@S3018@, Citations=8]
- LDS, Ancestral File (AF), (
http://www.familysearch.org), Medium: Electronic, [ID=@S2442@, Citations=50]
- LDS, International Genealogical Index (IGI), Medium: Electronic, Location:
http://www.familysearch.org, [ID=@S2707@, Citations=8]
- Merriam-Webster, Inc., "Merriam-Webster's Biographical Dictionary", (Springfield, MA; 1995), Medium: Book, Location: RAD, Comments: Rev. ed. of: Webster's new biographical dictionary, 1988., [ID=@S3024@, Citations=1]
- SIDNEY, Chris, "Family tree of the Penshurst Sidney Family", (
http://www.i-way.co.uk/~sid/penstree.html), Medium: Electronic, [ID=@S3035@, Citations=13]
- TOMPSETT, Brian (Email:
B . C . Tompsett @ dcs . hull . ac . uk), "Directory of Royal Genealogical Data", (
http://www.dcs.hull.ac.uk/public/genealogy/royal/), Medium: Electronic, Comments: Department of Computer Science \ University of Hull \ Hull, UK, HU6 7RX, [ID=@S2468@, Citations=2]