Does it seem that I have used more sources than necessary?
Well, it's true;
I have made a conscious effort to use a variety of sources.
Here are my reasons for this strategy:
- It allows me to more readily discover new sources that may come online from time to time.
- I may avoid a disaster when online websites are moved without leaving a forwarding address,
or are simply withdrawn.
"Don't put all your eggs in one basket."
- I avoid propagating errors.
If a particular source has errors, the effect is limited.
- By comparing different sources, I can more easily spot errors and discrepancies.
- Some search engines prioritize their results by the number of links there are to the hits.
By providing more of these links I am, in a small way,
improving the positioning of the sources in search engine results.
- It is more likely that you, my readers, will have access to at least some of the sources I cite.