Descendants of Miles King
2. MARY JANE2 KING (MILES1) was born 1855 in Union,Fairfield County,SC. She married ROBERT PRESTON BROWN, son of GEORGE BROWN and MARGARET MCDILL. He was born 1851 in Union,Fairfield County,SC, and died 1912.
Notes for MARY JANE KING:
1880 Township 9, Fairfield, South Carolina Census has her born 1855,SC,age 25,keepinghouse,wife, parents born in SC
Notes for ROBERT PRESTON BROWN:
1880 Township 9, Fairfield, South Carolina Census has him born 1851,SC,age 29,farming,parents born in SC.
Children of MARY KING and ROBERT BROWN are:
3. i. JOHN SMITH3 BROWN, b. October 07, 1877, Fairfield County,SC; d. July 30, 1938, Winnsboro,Fairfield Co,SC.
"> ii. OLIVE CANDACE BROWN, b. 1876, South Carolina; d. 1954.
Notes for OLIVE CANDACE BROWN: 1880 Township 9, Fairfield, South Carolina Census has her born 1876,SC,age 4,daughter.
4. iii. LILLE MCALPINE BROWN, b. 1880; d. 1945.
5. iv. ALBERT GROVER BROWN, b. 1883; d. 1945.
Generation No. 3
3. JOHN SMITH3 BROWN (MARY JANE2 KING, MILES1) was born October 07, 1877 in Fairfield County,SC, and died July 30, 1938 in Winnsboro,Fairfield Co,SC. He married ELIZABETH ENGLISH RUTLAND December 22, 1909 in Winnsboro,Fairfield,SC,USA, daughter of SHERIDAN RUTLAND and MAEGARET RUFF. She was born August 14, 1888 in Fairfield,SC,USA, and died November 29, 1965 in Fairfield,SC,USA.
Notes for JOHN SMITH BROWN:
John S Brown died on July 30th,1938 at his home after an illness of many weeks. He had been in declining health for several years. He was educated in the public schools and had lived his entire life in Fairfield County. He was of gentle, quiet manner, true to his faith and a man of honesty and integrity, a good neighbor and kind husband and father. At the time of his death he was president of Farmers' Mutual Fire Insurance association of Winnsboro and an elder in Union Presbyterian Church of which church he had been a member since youth. In 1909 he married Miss Betty Rutland of Brockton. 1880 Township 9, Fairfield, South Carolina Census has him born 1878,SC,age2.
Children of JOHN BROWN and ELIZABETH RUTLAND are:
i. ANNIE MCDILL4 BROWN, b. November 13, 1910, Winnsboro,Fairfield,SC,USA; d. October 20, 1957, Winnsboro,Fairfield,SC,USA; m. DAVID ROBERTSON BECKHAM, 1935.
Notes for ANNIE MCDILL BROWN:
Mrs. Dill Brown Beckham,46, former president of the Fairfield Teachers Association, died on October 20, 1957 at the Fairfield County Memorial Hospital at 4pm after an illness of two weeks. Mrs Beckham was born in Winnsboro, daughter of Mrs. Bettie R Brown and the late John Smith Brown, Sr. She was a school teacher at the Mt Zion Institute at Winnsboro, and was a member of the Union Memorial Presbyterian Church. She attended Chicora College and was a graduate from the University of South Carolina. Mrs Beckham taught in the Fairfield County schools for 17 years. She was treasurer of the Women of the Church and was church organist.
ii. ROBERT RUTLAND BROWN, b. June 23, 1912, Fairfield,SC,USA; d. September 30, 1974, Fairfield,SC,USA; m. MILDRED BOULWARE, 1939.
iii. MAURICE HOLIDAY BROWN, b. April 12, 1914, Fairfield,SC,USA; d. January 25, 1960, Fairfield,SC,USA; m. ELIZABETH LIGON.
iv. JOHN SMITH BROWN,JR., b. July 07, 1916, Winnsboro,Fairfield County,SC,USA; d. January 13, 2001, Columbia,Richland,SC,USA; m. JEWEL CUMMINGS GATHRIGHT.
v. MARGARET ELIZABETH BROWN, b. June 15, 1918, Fairfield,SC,USA; d. March 15, 1999, Columbia,Richland,SC,USA; m. FRANK EARLE POPE,JR, May 20, 1941; b. February 10, 1916, Fairfield,SC,USA; d. December 17, 1985, Columbia,Richland,SC,USA.
vi. ISABEL RUFF BROWN,, Fairfield,SC,USA; m. THOMAS HUGH FRICK, August 07, 1946, Columbia,Richland,SC,USA.
vii. OLIVE CAROL BROWN, b. December 01, 1922, Fairfield,SC,USA; m. WILLIAM LINDSAY CASTLES, August 07, 1945, Fairfield,SC,USA.
Notes for OLIVE CAROL BROWN: 1880 Township 9, Fairfield, South Carolina Census hasher born 1876,SC,age 4
viii. SARAH MAE BROWN, b. November 24, 1924, Fairfield,SC,USA; d. April 11, 2002, Columbia, Richland County,SC; m. LEWIS CLIFTON ASHFORD, July 18, 1946.
Notes for SARAH MAE BROWN:
Died at home in the morning . Thursday April 11th , 2002 Buried at Bethel Methodist Church, Winnsboro,SC Hwy 269 on Sunday April 14th,2002.
4. LILLE MCALPINE3 BROWN (MARY JANE2 KING, MILES1) was born 1880, and died 1945. She married CHARLES SAMUEL TIMMS, son of JAMES TIMMS and CATHERINE ROBERTSON.
Children of LILLE BROWN and CHARLES TIMMS are:
i. OLIVE CATHERINE4 TIMMS, .
ii. CHARLES PRESTON TIMMS, ; m. SADIE MCPHERSON.
iii. GROVER BROWN TIMMS, ; m. FRANCIS BOYD.
iv. JOHN LLOYD TIMMS, b. 1918; d. 1962.
v. MARY GREY TIMMS,; m. WILLIAM HERBERT REXRODE.
vi. FRANCIS ELIZABETH TIMMS; m. JULIAN B. BALLENTINE.
5. ALBERT GROVER3 BROWN (MARY JANE2 KING, MILES1) was born 1883, and died 1945. He married FANNIE ROBERTS, daughter of NATHAN ROBERTS and BARBARA BOYD. She was born 1886, and died 1945.
Children of ALBERT BROWN and FANNIE ROBERTS are:
i. MARY KING4 BROWN, m. WILLIAM CUNNINGHAM PEAY.
ii. BARBARA ELOISE BROWN, m. WILLIAM MCGILL.
iii. SUSIE BOYD BROWN, m. LEWIS SANDERS.
iv. LULA RUTH BROWN, m. EDWARD T. KING.
v. GROVER PRESTON BROWN; m. ELIZABETH HADDON.
vi. FRANCIS LILLIAN BROWN.
Notes for FRANCIS LILLIAN BROWN: Twin of Grover Preston
vii. MARTHA CAROLINE BROWN; m. NEVILLE WHITEHURST.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids