Ellen Hendry Roman Family
Obituary, The Bradenton Herald, Saturday, January 21, 2006:
“Mary Ellen Hendry Roman, 99, died in Palmetto Nursing and Rehab Center, on Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006. Her husband, Worley Luther Roman, preceded her in death. She was a beloved mother and grandmother, dedicated Christian, and lifelong gardener. Her father, James Madison ''Boss'' Hendry, a circuit riding preacher and local pioneer, valued her as, ''worth her weight in gold,'' penning cattle. She was born Nov. 14, 1906, in Wauchula, married in 1936, moved to Gillette in 1947, where she became an active member of First Baptist Church of Gillette. She is survived by her sister, Annie Stone; sons, Lowel M. (Christel) Roman and Samuel Roman; daughters, Doris Barron, Ruth (George) Osganian, Elaine Bonds, Barbara (Kit) Cameron; 10 grandchildren; and 19 great-grandchildren. Visitation will be on Sunday, Jan. 22, from 4-7 p.m., at Mansion Memorial Funeral Home, 1400 36th Avenue East, Ellenton. Funeral services will be on Monday, Jan. 23, at 11 a.m., at First Baptist Church of Gillette, 3301 97th Street East. Burial will follow at Bethany Baptist Church Cemetery, 26604 State Road 64 East, Myakka City.”
1. Doris Sybil "Mollie" Hendry, born April 19, 1930, New Zion community, Ona, Fla.; married Glen Barron; divorced.
2. Anna Ruth Roman, born Nov. 21, 1937, Honaker, Va.; married on Aug 18, 1963 George Osganian.
3. Lowel Murrel Roman, born May 27, 1941, Ocala, Fla; married (1) Doris Faye Spell; divorced ca. 1981; (2) 1983 Christel ________.
4. Samuel Roman, born Jan. 9, 1945, Oak Knoll, Manatee Co., Fla.; never married.
5. Mary Elaine Roman, born July 20, 1947, Gillette, Manatee Co. Fla.; married in 1967 Thomas Ezekial Bonds; divorced.
6. Barbara Faye Roman, born Aug. 28, 1949, Bradenton, Manatee Co., Fla.; married Steve "Kit" Cameron.
L-R: Anne H. Stone, Bidie H. Phillips, Ellen H. Roman, Alex Hendry, James B. Hendry, Frank Hendry & unidentified girls, June 1962
Worley & Ellen Roman
Doris "Mollie" Barron
Ruth & George Osganian, Bradenton, Fla.
Anoush Osganian Bertran & son, Brad, Bradenton, Oct. 1990
Rose Ellen Osganian, Bradenton
Elaine R. Bond & sons, Tommy (b. 1969), Todd (b. 1974), Timothy (b. 1971), Palmetto, Fla., 1982
Ellen Hendry Roman, Nov. 15, 1997
Anne Stone & Ellen Roman, October 14, 2005, Palmetto Nursing and Rehab Center
Tombstone, Bethany Cemetery
March 22, 2002, Jan. 23, 2006, Feb. 17, 2011, March 15, 2011
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids