THE BOYDS OF OHIO
Chapter 7 Pages
Luther Boyd Sr., son of Abraham Boyd and Hannah HILL, was born in Whitingham or Wilmington, Vermont, 17 October 1781. He married 1st Elizabeth WHEELER 29 May 1803 in Whitingham by Jabez Foster, Justice of the Peace. They had one child, Elam Boyd, who was born in 1811. (see Page 36)
unknown, Luther left this family and went to
Ohio. He married Easther English in Franklin
County on 28 July 1822. Luther
is listed in the 1830 census of Ohio living in Delaware County, Orange
Township. Luther died 12 Jan 1867 and Easther died 27 Dec
1863. Both are
buried in the Flint Cemetery in Sharon Township, Franklin County, Ohio.
a large farm just north of Columbus on Powell Rd. Luther's
was written 28 May 1866 and probate began 28 Jan 1867. The
was James Phinney. Eight heirs were named in the will, all were born in
Delaware County. The will is recorded in book 4, page 310. The
case number is
1612 of the Probate Court of Delaware County.
1. Hannah Boyd m. John BENNETT 11 Aug 1842
2. Diana Boyd b. 11 Apr 1824 d. 13 Aug 1905 m. Patrick Allen CALLAHAN on 2 June 1950. He died in 1853 in Allen County, Michigan. Marriage license gives his name as Patrick Allen and omits his surname, CALLAHAN. Richard Boyd born 1861 lived with his aunt Diana Boyd Calahan when he was a boy.
Boyd b. 1827 d. 1901 m. Mary Ann
on 9 Jan
1853 d. 1912 (Conard also foundas
4. son b. 1829 died 15 March 1831 buried 16th March 1831 in St. John's Episcopal church cemetery in east tier & directly east of Abel Jones marble monument - age 1 1/2 years (Dr Rays patient)
5. Luther Boyd Jr. b. 1830 d. 28 Nov 1887 m. 1st Eliza Ann FRENCH on 24 Dec 1857 m. 2nd Mary Ann HULLNER/HULLANDER/HOLLANDER on 4 Nov 1872 b. 1845 in New York d. 1879 Delaware, Ohio.
6. Mary Boyd b. 1832 m. Samuel D. WILSON on 24 Jan 1855
7. David Boyd b. 1833
8. William Boyd b. 1836 m. Orlena Adeline WELLS on 24 March 1859, b. 4 Oct 1843 in Genoa Twp., Delaware Co. Orlena died June 17, 1911 in Genoa, buried in Galena Cemetery, Berkshire Twp., Delaware Co. Orlena is a daughter of Bazeleel and Mary (MOORE) WELLS. They had a son Edward Boyd b. abt. 1863 and Emma A. Boyd b. about 1863, also. Orlena had two other husbands: Cornelius Wilcox and Lyman Watters whom she married in 1869. Emma Boyd was living with Orlena's parents, Bazeleel & Mary Wells in the 1870 census and with her uncle Perry Wells in the 1880 census.
9. Abraham Lincoln
b. 1840 d. 11 Aug 1917 Hardin County, Ohio m. Kate SULLIVAN
Hardin Co, Ohio
Levi Boyd,son of Luther Boyd Sr. and Easther ENGLISH, was born in Delaware, Ohio in 1827. He married Mary Ann CONARD*in Delaware, County on 9 Jan 1853. She was born in 1830 and died in 1912. Levi died in 1901 and both are buried in the Flint Cemetery, Sharon Township, Franklin County, Ohio. Mary Ann was the daughter of James and Naomi CONARD. They had six children all born in Delaware County.
1. Ellen E. Boyd b. 1854 m. Michael SLATTERY 28 July 1872 b. 11 Nov 1844 in Ireland m. Delaware County, son of John Slattery and Mary CALDWELL.
2. Andrew J. Boyd b. 1856 died 14 Aug 1931 m. Cynthia A. MARTIN 26 May 1878 b. 1860 died 3 May 1935
3. Douglas Boyd b. 1861 d. 1919 HeadstoneWalnut Grove Cem. m. Rose I. Tripp in 1889 b. 1861
4. Charles E. Boyd b. 1866 died 22 Oct 1916 m. Anna BOYLE
5. Harvey (Harry) Boyd b. 13 June 1872 d. burial date 11 Aug 1926 Walnut Grove m. Florence K. SMITH b. 1878 d. 22 Sept 1951.
6. Levi Boyd Jr. b. 1876
Harvey Boyd married Florence Kathleen Smith but I do not have a marriage date as yet. I have sent for a death certificate on both of them. I am waiting for information from my cousin to see if she knows anything further. Children:
1. Hazel Boyd b. July 9, 1899 married Chester Bishop Percy. Died April, 1978 in Westerville, Franklin Co OH. Buried in Walnut Grove Cemetery. This is not yet confirmed. Once I get confirmation on this, I will forward that to you. I am unaware of any children from this marriage.
2. Frank Boyd b. about 1902. Married ??. Died June 15, 1959, Bexley, Franklin Co, OH, Again, this unconfirmed. I do not have his wife's name and am unaware of any children from this marriage. Once I have this confirmed, I will send additional information.
3. Helen Boyd b. April 10, 1907 and d. January 28, 1991, burial Walnut Grove Cemetery, Franklin Co, OH. Married Charles Bunn. Aunt Helen and Uncle Charlie never had any children so they spoiled their nieces. They were very sweet, very nice people.
4. My Grandparents ----> Louise Boyd b. October 20, 1914, Westerville OH, Orange Twp, Delaware Co, OH/d. September 1988. Burial Walnut Grove Cemetery, Franklin Co, OH. Married Harold Henry Wagner May 29, 1933, Franklin Co, OH. They resided in Olive Green, Delaware Co for some time until their divorce about 1964. Their children were:
1. Jon Harold Wagner b. September 3, 1938 Franklin Co, OH/d. July 6, 1999, Franklin Co, OH. Jon married my mother, Donna Mae Baker b. September 18, 1940 in Franklin Co, OH and were divorced May, 1963.
2. Carol Lynn (Susie)Wagner, b. September 16, 1942/d.
1996, Franklin Co, OH. She married David Rarey and they were
Here is the little bit of info I have. I will add to Christina Urban's info.
Boyd-Percy Family Pictures
Harvey Boyd married Florence Kathleen Smith (born 1878 died 9-22-1951) Harvey fell from a haymow and broke his neck, becoming paralyzed from the neck down. My dad, Chet Percy Jr. remembers trying to feed his grandfather Harvey with a spoon when he was about 6. Harvey died in 1926. He is buried in the Walnut Grove Cemetery. Florence was remarried to a man by the last name of Barnes. Florence is buried in the Walnut Grove Cemetery in Sharon Twp, Franklin Co. Ohio, next to Harvey.
Harvey and Florence's children: (these are my grandparents)
1. Hazel Jeanette Boyd (b. July 9, 1899 d. April 10, 1978), married Chester Bishop Percy Sr.(b. Sept. 6, 1898 d. Feb. 21 1989) on Dec. 20 1919. They had a dairy farm on the Old State Rd., right around the corner from the Boyd farm. Hazel and Chester Sr. are buried in the Africa Cemetery on the Old State Road. in Orange Township. Their children were:
a. Chester Bishop Percy Jr. (Chet) (b. Aug 5, 1920 d. April 15 1998)
b. John George Percy (Jack) (b.April 13, 1923 d. July 1986).
These are my parents:
Chester Bishop Percy Jr. married Nellie May McDonnell (Sept. 30 1920-June 9, 1995) on May 2, 1942. Children:
a. James Eric Percy (b. Oct. 9, 1953)
b. Mary Rose Percy (b. Aug. 3, 1955)
c. Becky Lou Percy (b. June 13, 1959
Mary Rose Percy married James Russell Grindstaff ( b. Feb. 18, 1952) on July 10, 1976. Our children are Kathryn Lynn Grindstaff (b. July 20, 1983) married to Jeffrey Gregorsok (b. July 9, 1982) and Kristin Anne Grindstaff (b. May 10, 1987) Becky Percy is married to David Pedersen (b. July 10, 1956). Their children are Danielle Pedersen (b. Nov. 4, 1986), Ashley Pedersen (b. Jan. 25, 1989) and Miranda Pedersen (b. Aug. 4, 1995)
John George Percy married Louise Davis. Their children are Pam Percy, George Percy (deceased) and Darrell Malloy.
2. Frank L. Boyd (b. 1902 d. June 15, 1959 buried in Walnut Grove Cemetery) married Lillian ? Their children were Virginia, Martha and Richard. I have a picture of Richard Boyd with his family and the names listed on the back were wife Jo and children Tish, Ruth, and it looks like twins Joel and Jon.
3. Helen Marie Boyd (b. April 10, 1907 d. Jan 28, 1991 buried Walnut Grove) married Charles Bunn (b. Aug 7, 1897 d. March 30, 1971 Walnut Grove Cemetery) no children. Owned and operated the King High Grocery Store in Columbus Ohio (on the corner of King and High St.) Charlie was a WW1 veteren, exposed to mustard gas. Had to have his lungs drained a few times a year.
4. Louise Boyd. I do not have anything additional to add to Christina's info other than a story from my dad that Louise worked for the Ohio license bureau after her divorce. She was severely beaten by a robber in her house one night. Later she had a stroke.
Mary Grindstaff mrose55 "at" woh.rr.com
Abraham Lincoln Boyd, son of Luther Boyd Sr. and Easther ENGLISH, was born in 1840. He married Kate SULLIVAN. She was born in 1853. Abraham died 11 Aug 1917 in Hardin, Mt. Victory, Ohio. They had one child.
1. Parmer C.
b. 20 Jan 1872 d. 12 Jly 1958 m. Elsie ADAMS
May 1900 b. 10 Feb 1875 d. 24 Aug 1969
Andrew J. Boyd, son of Levi Boyd and Mary Ann CONARD*,was born in 1856 and died 14 Aug 1931in Delaware County, Ohio. He married Cynthia A. MARTIN 26 May 1878. They had four children. Cynthia died 3 May 1935 in Delaware County.
1. Martin S.
Boyd b. 1879 twin
* Also found Cunard, Conrad, Connard, etc.
Douglas Boyd, son of Levi Boyd and Mary Ann CONARD, was born in 1861 in Delaware County, Ohio. He married Rose I. ______? She was born in 1861. They had three children.
1. Stanley L.
Charles Boyd, son of Levi Boyd and Mary Ann CONARD, was born in 1866 in Delware County, Ohio. He married Anna BOYLE. They had two children.
1. Louisa C.
Boyd b. 1895
Parmer C. Boyd, son of Abraham L. Boyd and Kate SULLIVAN was born 20 Jan 1872 and died 12 July 1958 in Mt. Victory, Hardin County, Ohio. He married Elsie ADAMS 30 May 1900. She was born 10 Feb 1875 and died 24 Aug 1969 in Mt. Victory. They had two children.
1. Kenneth Boyd
Pearl A. Boyd and Fern TIPPIE had four children
1. Peggy Boyd
2. James P. Boyd
3. Jerry Franklin Boyd m. June Ann MONSON<>4. Judy Boyd m. Paul KELLAR
Luther Boyd Jr.,
son of Luther Boyd and Easther ENGLISH was born in 1830, probably
Franklin County, as his father was listed in that county in the 1830
He was a farmer in south central Ohio with his
He married first Eliza Jane FRENCH in
Ohio on 24 December 1857. Eliza died prior to 1871
Luther married for his second wife, Mary Ann (SEARLES)
on 4 November 1872. She had three daughters by a previous
She was born in 1845 in New York and died in 1879 in Delaware
Luther died 8 November 1887 and is probably buried in the
Cemetery in Delaware County in an unmarked grave. The records were
in a fire. All children were born in Delaware County. I have a
of Luther's will. It contains 85 pages because his wife Mary had
before him and he had left minor children.
Since Luther Boyd III was only 11 years old the estate was not
finalized for ten
1. Emilene Boyd (Emma) b. 1859 m. Columbus SEBRING b. 1 Jan 1860 d. 14 Sep 1933 m. on 13 Feb 1881 Delaware, Marion, Oh io. Emma died young and Columbus married 4 other times. His parents were Hiram SEBRING and Eliza ADAMS.
2. Richard L. Boyd b. 1 Apr 1861 d. 19 Sept 1934 m. Phoebe Elnora WESTBROOK b. 2 Dec 1863 d. 22 Sep 1951 m. 10 May 1881 Licking County, Ohio
5. Edward L. Boyd b. 10 Mar 1865 m. 3 July 1883 Florence SEBRING b. 1864 Delaware County, Ohio.
6. Lollie (Goldie) Boyd b. 1869
Children of Luther and Mary Ann:
7. Abraham Levi Boyd (photo) b. 26 June 1871 d. 28 July 1921 m. Bessie Lee LOOP b. 9 July 1876 d. 27 Apr 1943 on 2 Sept 1894 in Delaware County
8. Luther Boyd III b. 25 Apr 1876
Children of Mary Ann and her first husband ? HULLNER/HOLLANDER
Vital Records Delaware and Licking Counties.
census reports. Probate records, Delaware Co., Ohio "Sebring
by Walter Wilson Sebring and John
Edward L. Boyd, son of Luther Boyd Jr. and Eliza Jane French was born in Delaware County, Ohio 10 March 1865. He married Florence Sebring, 3 July 1883, in Delaware, Ohio. She was born in 1863/64 in Delaware Co, Ohio. She was the daughter of Hiram SEBRING (1825-1916) and Eliza ADAMS (1832-1902) both of Delaware Co, Ohio.<>1. Myrtle Boyd d. 1900
2. George M. Boyd b. 25 June 1882
3. Bertha Boyd
4. Clinton Boyd b. 11 Nov 1887
5. Grover C. Boyd b. 1888 d. 12 May 1962 m. Estelle MURRAY
10. Almarion Boyd b. 27 Jan 1898 d. 15 Apr 1960 m. Elizabeth WISE b. 4 Aug 1897
11. Glen Neal
Boyd b. 11 Sep 1900 d.
23 Sep 1984 m.
KEITH 5 Jan 1922
Glen N. Boyd (sitting)
Harold Glen Boyd and Betty R. Boyd Lawyer
son of Edward L. Boyd and Florence SEBRING was born 27 January
1898 and died 15 April 1960. He married Elizabeth
She was b. 4 Aug 1897 and d. 14 October 1981.
Kenneth Boyd, Almarion Boyd, Richard Boyd-1956
Elizabeth's children were:
1. Ralph Almarion Boyd b. 15 June 1919 m. LaVerne BURT
2. Irene Boyd b. 30 Oct 1921 m. Charles William LOOKER b. 24 Nov 1921
Boyd b. twin
lived about 2 Weeks
3. Kenneth Boyd b. 11 Mar 1923 m. Pauline F. DUSTIN
4. Richard Boyd b. 5 Sept 1928 d. 2 Dec 1988 m. Evelyn Louise PLYMALE b. 18 July 1929
5. Eugene Boyd b. 26 Nov 1931 m. Ella________
Boyd b. 27 Feb 1935 d. 25 Oct
Harold SEIF on 23
1956 b. 18 Mar 1932 d. 18 Feb 1989
Boyd, son of Luther Boyd Jr.
and Mary Ann (Searles) HULLNER was born
in Delaware County, Ohio
on 26 June 1872. He married Bessie Lee LOOP
Sept 1894. Bessie was born 9 July 1876 in Columbus,
She was the daughter of Lewis LOOP and Mary
TALLMAN. Bessie died on 27 April 1943 and
died on 28 July 1921. Both are buried in
Cheshire Cemetery, Berlin Township, Delaware
Abraham L. Boyd was a farmer in Delaware county as was his father and grandfather before him. He farmed some of the same land that had been in the Boyd family since 1834. Children:
1. Lewis Albert Boyd b. 22 Mar 1898 d. 21 Sep 1961 m. Gladys Marie McMAHON b. 7 Jly 1902 d. 21 Oct 1980 m. 7 July 1920 Buried in the Cheshire Cemetery, Delaware Co., OH.
2. Nellie Alice Boyd b. 14 Aug 1899 d. 13 Feb 1985 m. Dale FORD b. 28 Jly 1901 d. 27 Sept 1980 m. 25 May 1925 Dale Ford born in Licking County, Ohio. Buried in the Greenmound Cemetery, Kilbourne, Ohio
3. Paul William Boyd b. 25 July 1905 d. 5 Dec 1977 m. Janis HERB b. 21 Dec 1913 m. 20 Oct 1945 Paul Buried Cheshire Cemetery, Berlin Twp., Delaware County.
Robert and Joanna
Lewis Albert Boyd, son of Abraham L. Boyd and Bessie L. LOOP was born 22 March 1898 in Delaware County, Ohio. He married Gladys Marie McMAHON 7 July 1920. Gladys was born 7 July 1902. Lewis died 21 September 1961 and Gladys died 21 Oct 1980. They are both buried in the Cheshire Cemetery, Berlin Twp, Delaware County, Ohio. They had six children:
1. Carroll Luther Boyd b. 1 July 1921 d. 31 Jan 1982 m. Mary S. __________?
2. Mildred Catherine Boyd b. 28 Jan 1922 d. 24 Dec 1926
3. Dorothy Reba Boyd b. 7 Sep 1925 d. 26 Apr 1963 m. John Henry GAFNEY b. 2 Aug 1906
4. Donald Lewis Boyd b. 21 Jan 1928 m. Phyllis BADGETT b. 11 Mar 1940 Daughter of Clarence Cleveland BADGETT and Virgie Lee GLASS
5. Mary Lou Boyd b. 16 July 1931 m. John Richard LEONARD b. 26 Jly 1914 d. 4 Jan 1983<>6. Homer Ray Boyd b. 22 Jan 1936 m. Anna F. SPANA b. 3 Nov 1934 Daughter of Enrico SPANA and Louise BRUSCO
I. Kenneth Ray Boyd b. 4 May 1959
II. Cynthia Louise Boyd b. 12 Oct 1960
III. Barbara Ann Boyd b. 19 Feb 1963
IV. Donald Lewis Boyd b. 6 Mar 1967
Nellie Alice Boyd, daughter of Abraham L. and Bessie LOOP Boyd was born 14 August 1899 in Delaware County, Ohio. Nellie graduated from the Ohio University with a teachers degree, and taught school in the Berlin School district beginning in 1922. In the 1930's she taught kindergarten in her home. She also was a Sunday school teacher for over 25 years at the West Berlin Presbyterian church in Delaware County, Ohio. She was a hard working woman who helped her husband farm, milk cows, raise most of their food, made butter, and did other chores around the farm. Photo of Nellie at 20
She married Melvin
Dale FORD on 25 May 1925. Dale was the son of Thomas
FORD and Mary LINES and was born 28 July 1901
in Pastaskala, Licking County, Ohio. Nellie
died 13 Feb 1985 and Dale died 27
September 1980. Both are buried in the Greenmound Cemetery
in Kilbourne, Ohio. Nellie Boyd FORD had red hair
as did Luther Boyd her grandfather. Children:
1. Robert Dale Ford b. 28 Feb 1926 m. Joanna Ruth WARNER 24 Aug 1947 b. 22 Jan 1928
2. Betty Ford b. 31 Dec 1929 m. Howard SHEETS 29 Dec 1950 b. 21 Feb 1924 d. 21 May 1980
Ford b. 14 June 1938 m. Carolyn
COX b. 15 Mar 1946 m. 26 June 1970
Robert and Joanna
Boyd, son of Abraham L. and
Bessie L. LOOP was born
25 July 1905 in Delaware County, Ohio. He married Janis
HERB 20 October 1945. She was born 21
December 1913 the daughter of Louis Jacob HERB and Mary
Jane STEVENS. Paul had red hair as did
Richard L. Boyd, his fathers half
brother. Paul died 5 December 1977
is buried in the Cheshire Cemetery in Berlin Twp, Delaware County, Ohio.
1. Pauline Janis Boyd b. 18 Nov 1948 m. Frederick BENNETT b. Oct 1950
2. Roy William Boyd b. 14 Oct 1950<>Janis Herb married ______GIESECK and had four children before she married Paul W. Boyd.
1. Dorothy Jane Gieseck b. 20 Jan 1935
2. Robert Roger Gieseck b. 5 Aug 1936
3. Ruby Emogene Gieseck b. 10 Aug 1937
4. Russell Franklin Gieseck b. 9 Sep 1938 d. 1946
Alice Mae Ford, daughter of Dale Ford and and Nellie A. BOYD was born 14 June 1938 in Delaware County, Ohio. She married John STEIN on 11 July 1958. John was born on the 4th of July 1936, the son of Jack and Isabell STEIN. They had three children.
1. Jerry Dale
b. 1 July 1960 twin
m. Melissa Ann
11 Dec 1966
3. Kenneth Melvin Stein b. 1 Feb 1962
Sources: Robert and Jonna Ford, Janis Herb Boyd, V.R. Delaware County, Ohio.
Ford, son of Dale FORD and Nellie
Alice BOYD was born 28 February 1926 in
Delaware County, Ohio. He married
Joanna Ruth WARNER 24 August 1947 in Columbus, Ohio
Joanna was born 22 Jan 1928 in Columbus,
the daughter of
Robert is a veteran of World War II. He worked for the State of Ohio, Division of Wildlife, for thirty years. He is retired but holds the job of State Bee Inspector for Delaware County.
Bob and Joanna are members of the Delaware County Pioneers, proving their lineage from Luther Boyd Sr., who purchased land in 1834 in Delaware County. As of this writing, they have been married 42 years. Bob and Joanna are members of the West Berlin Presbyterian Church in Delaware County, Ohio.
1. Robert David Ford b. 10 Apr 1949 m. Mary Marie STOFFEL b. 13 Apr 1951 on 1 Dec 1979
2. Judy Anne Ford b. 29 Nov 1950 m. Konrad Ulric SCHIEFER b. 8 Dec 1948 on 4 Dec 1971
3. Ronald Dale Ford b. 18 Aug 1957 m. Jan Marie NICKELSON b. 4 Apr 1954 on 8 May 1982
4. Sheryl Diane Ford b. 31 Oct 1952 d. 13 Mar 1954<>Source:
Robert and Joanna Ford
3447 Curve Road
Boyd, son of Almarion Boyd and Elizabeth WISE, was born 15 June
1919 Berlin Township, Delaware County, Ohio. He married
LaVerne BURT 28
July 1946. She was born 25 Sept 1922 in Teck, Texas the daughter
of Jesse BURT. They had two
1. Judy Anita Boyd b. 8 Oct 1947 Delaware, Oh m. Paul COLVILLE 9 April 1969
2. Peggy Wynell Boyd b. 1 Nov 1949 Austin, Tx
son of Almarion Boyd and Elizabeth WISE, was born 5 July 1928. He
married Evelyn Louise PLYMALE, 31 July 1948,
born 18 July 1929, daughter of Roy Worthy PLYMALE
and Genevieve J. STURGEON. Evelyn was born in Apple
2. Sharon Louise Boyd b. 11 June 1950 d. 24 Nov 1986 m. Juan Escobedo VILLA b. 24 June 1952 El Paso, Texas on 16 July 1976
Kenneth Boyd, son of Almarion Boyd and Elizabeth WISE was born 11 March 1923. He married Pauline F.________, born 17 Oct 1923.
1. Kenneth Allen Boyd b. 2 Mar 1943 m. Bernice _______?
2. Carroll Lee
Boyd b. 2 Sep 1948
Eugene Boyd, son of Almarion Boyd and Elizabeth WISE, was born 26 Nov 1931. He married Ella Louise HAZELETT, 6 Aug 1950. They had five children.
1. Eugene Dennis
Boyd b. 10 Nov 1951 d. 15 Oct
Robert David Ford, son of Robert Dale Ford and Joanna Ruth WARNER was born 10 April 1949 in Delaware County, Ohio. He married Mary Marie STOFFEL on 1 Dec 1979. She was born on 13 April 1951. They have three children.
Judy Anne Ford, daughter of Robert Dale Ford and Joanna Ruth WARNER was born 29 November 1950 in Delaware County, Ohio. She married Konrad Ulric SCHIEFER on 4 Dec 1971. He was born 8 December 1948. They have three children.
Ronald Dale Ford, son of Robert Dale Ford and Joanna Ruth WARNER was born 18 August 1957 in Delaware County, Ohio. He married Jan Marie NICKELSON on 8 May 1982. She was born on 4 April 1954. They have two children.
1. Joshua Dale
Ford b. 3 July 1984
Bob and Joanna Ford
3447 Curve Road
Diana Boyd, daughter of Luther Boyd Sr. and Easther ENGLISH, was born 11 Mar 1824 in Blendon township, Franklin county, Ohio. She married Patrick Allen CALLAHAN in Delaware county, Ohio 2 June 1850. They moved to Allen county in Michigan where Patrick died early in life, 1853. Diana returned to Delaware county with her small baby, Joseph Callahan. She remained a widow for the rest of her life. Richard L. and Abraham L.
Boyd, Diana's nephews, lived with her when they were young and until they married. Pat and Diana had one child:
1. Joseph Boyd Callahan b. 17 Mar 1852 d. 23 Dec 1941 m. Mary C. LEHMAN 1 Jan 1880 Delaware county, Ohio
a. Allan Garfield Callahan b. 15 Nov 1880 d. 31 Oct 1960 m. Netta Belle BENNETT b. 24 Oct 1880 d. 30 Sep 1960 on 21 Dec 1899 Lewis Center, Delaware Co, Ohio. Netta was the daughter of Ralph BENNETT and Cynthia HALL.
b Mary Lois Callahan b. 23 Sep 1900 d. 27 Apr 1981 m. Marion Elsworth MORRIS b. 12 Sep 1899 d. 16 Oct 1989 on 27 Oct 1920 Delaware County, Ohio
Mary Lois Callahan, daughter of Allan G. Callahan and Netta Belle BENNETT, was born 23 Sep 1900, Orange Township, Delaware County, Ohio. She married Marion Elsworth MORRIS, 27 Oct 1920. He was the son of Ulyssis C. MORRIS and Bertha May BEEVER. Marion was born 12 Sept 1899 in Genoa Township and died 16 Oct 1989 in Westerville, Ohio. Mary died 27 April 1981 in Westerville.
1. Robert B. Morris b. 4 Aug 1922 m. Ruth Julia THOMAS 19 Mar 1944 b. 4 Feb 1924<>I. David R. Morris b. 7 Jan 1951 m. Rebecca Jean PHILLIAN 2 May 1981
Marilyn M. Cryder David R. Morris
74 Bridgeport Way 254 W. Lincoln Ave
Delaware, Ohio 43015 Delaware, Ohio 43015
Glen Neal Boyd, son of Edward L. Boyd and Florence SEBRING, was born 11 Sept 1900 in Delaware County, Ohio. On 5 Jan 1922 he married Lillian Isabell KEITH. She was born 1 June 1903, the daughter of James Buchanan KEITH and Rose SMITH. Lillian died 18 Dec 1971 in Mt. Gilead, Ohio. Glen died 23 Sept 1984. Both are buried in Spencer, Ohio. They had four children:
1. Harold Glen Boyd b. 13 Jan 1923 m. Evelyn Ileen OWEN 13 Sep 1947
2. Ruth Lillian Boyd b. 17 Oct 1925 d. 15 Jan 1961 m. Nickolas FETZER 1945
3. Betty Rosemary Boyd b. 29 May 1926 m. Robert LAWYER 12 Jan 1947
4. Robert Harold Boyd b. 3 Mar 1931 m. Ervena May KEENE
5. James Edward Boyd b. 18 Feb 1933 d. Sept 1935
6. Clyde Elbridge
Boyd b. 13 Feb
1939 d. 9 Aug 1979 m. Annamae
11 Oct 1959 b. 26 July 1940
Irene Boyd, daughter of Almarion Boyd and Elizabeth WISE, was born 30 October 1921. She married Charles W. LOOKER. He was born 24 November 1921.
1. Shirley Ann Looker b. 28 July 1946 m. Ronald BAKER
2. Charles W. Looker Jr. b. 15 July 1947 m. Carol HOOVER
3. Jimmie R.
Looker b. 5 Mar 1949
6. Debbie May Looker b. 26 Nov 1954 m. Wayne RAINES
Looker b. 18 Apr
Sharon Louise Boyd, daughter of Richard Boyd and Evelyn L. PLYMALE, was born 11 June 1950. She married Juan Escobedo VILLA who was born 24 June 1952 in El Paso, Texas. Sharon died at an early age, 24 November 1986, in Marion, Ohio. She is buried alongside her father, Richard, and her brother Lawrence in Fairview Memorial Park. Sharon and Juan had two daughters.
Danny Ray Boyd, son of Eugene Boyd and Ella L. HAZELETT, was born 18 Dec 1956 in Marion, Ohio. He married Trina June GROVES, 25 Aug 1978, who was born 15 Feb 1962. They were divorced in May 1987. They had four children.
Danny Ray married second, Barbara Ellen GRAHAM, 16 September 1988. Barbara had three children by a previous marriage.
Harold Glen Boyd,
son of Glen Boyd and Lillian I. KEITH was born, 13 Jan 1923, in Shiloh,
He married, 13 Sept 1947, Evelyn Ileen OWEN. She
1 Feb 1923, in Homerville, Ohio, daughter of Herman Blake OWEN
and Buelah Fern BRUBAKER.
1. Kathleen Jean Boyd b. 17 July 1951 m. Gary Lee HAHN 27 Dec 1969 b. 22 Sep 1945
daughter of Glen Boyd and Lillian I. KEITH was born, 17 Oct
She married Nickolas FETZER, 3 Feb 1946, born 7 Feb
1918, son of Christian FETZER and Margaret
JARVIS. Ruth died, 15 Jan 1961, and is buried at Spring Grove
Cemetery in Medina, Ohio. Ruth and Nick had four
children. Nick married second, Elsie Louise (Whitright)
1. Trilene Dale Fetzer b. 1 Mar 1947 m. 1st Larry LOVEMAN 27 Dec 1965 m. 2nd Norman LEMIRE 27 Jan 1979 b. 25 Nov 1935
2. Elaine Ruth Fetzer b. 14 Dec 1949 m. George GILL 11 Sep 1973
3. Phyllis Rae Fetzer b. 30 Nov 1951 m. James PINKSTON 25 Sep 1981 b. 3 Aug 1942
4. Leslie Keith
Fetzer b. 5
Jan 1956 m.
SOMOGYI May 1973
Betty Rosemary Boyd, daughter of Glen Boyd and Lillian I. KEITH was born, 29 May 1926. She married, 12 Jan 1947, Robert LAWYER, born 8 July 1924, son of Ira Bryon LAWYER and Imo HEALEH. They have three children.
1. Marie Ruth Lawyer b. 22 Feb 1948 m. Charles E. BISHOP 3 July 1966 b. 31 May 1944
2. John Phillip Lawyer b. 5 Apr 1952 m. Marsha Elaine MURRAY 4 Sep 1972 b. 20 Apr 1953
3. Mary Ann Lawyer b. 15 Oct 1954
Boyd, son of Glen N. Boyd and Lillian I. KEITH was born, 13 Feb
1939, in Medina County, Ohio. He married Annamae
HIGGINS, 11 Oct 1959, who was born, 26 July 1940, the daughter of Lloyd
J. HIGGINS and Glorean NUTT. Clyde was raised on the
Glen-Ayr Farm at Centerburg, Knox
County, Ohio, and was active in the FFA and the Ohio
Ayrshire Association and a member of the United Methodist
Church, Centerburg. He
1. Sarena Glorean Boyd b. 21 Nov 1960 m. Gary C. JOHNSTONE b. 27 Sep 1958
2. Christina Lillian Boyd b. 15 Feb 1963 m. Roger Allen TOLLE b. 29 Sep 1963
3. Angela Suzanne Boyd b. 11 Oct 1964 m. Edward Glen DENDINGER b. 21 Mar 1965
Kathleen Jean Boyd, daughter of Harold G. Boyd and Evelyn I. OWEN was born 17 July 1951. She married Gary Lee HAHN, 27 Dec 1969, who was born, 22 Sept 1945. They had two children.
Triline Dale Fetzer, daughter of Nicholas FETZER and Ruth L. Boyd was born, 1 Mar 1947. She married 1st., Larry LOVEMAN, 27 Dec 1965. They had one child. She married second, Norman LEMIRE, 27 Jan 1979, who was born 25 Nov 1935.
Elaine Ruth Fetzer, daughter of Nicholas FETZER and Ruth L. Boyd was born, 14 Dec 1949. She married, 11 Sep 1973, George GILL. They had two children.
Phyllis Rae Fetzer, daughter of Nicholas FETZER and Ruth I. Boyd was born, 30 Nov 1951. She married, 25 Sept 1981, James PINKSTON, who was born, 3 Aug 1942. They have one child.
Leslie Keith Fetzer, son of Nicholas FETZER and Ruth I. Boyd was born, 5 Jan 1956. He married, in May 1973, Ildiko SOMOGYI They had one child. Leslie married 2nd., Debra _______?
Marie Ruth Lawyer, daughter of Robert LAWYER and Betty R. Boyd was born, 22 Feb 1948. She married, 3 July 1966, Charles E. BISHOP, who was born, 31 May 1944. They had three children
John Phillip Lawyer, son of Robert LAWYER and Betty R. Boyd was born, 5 April 1952. He married, 4 Sept 1972, Marsha Elaine MURRAY, who was born, 20 April 1953. They have three children.
Grover C. Boyd, son of Edward L. Boyd and Florence SEBRING was born, 11 Nov 1888, in Delaware County, Ohio, and died 12 May 1962, in Delaware. He married Estelle MURRAY. She died in 1959. Children:
1. Winfred Clifton Boyd b. 5 May 1912 m. Anna Martha McKEE 23 Nov 1946
2. Carroll Ardine Boyd b. 13 May 1915 d. 2 Mar 1972 m. Mary Helen WIRIAK 8 Nov 1947
3. Grover Winfield Boyd b. 11 Oct 1917 d. Apr 1937
Boyd, son of Grover C. Boyd and
Estelle MURRAY was born, 5 May 1912, in
Sunbury, Delaware County, Ohio. He married Anna Martha McKEE,
23 Nov 1946. They had two children, the eldest
born in Columbus, Ohio, and the youngest
1. Barbara Joan
Boyd b. 13 Jan 1948 m. Dale U. ROBINSON
Nov 1977 b. 12 Jan 1949
2. James Richard Boyd b. 25 Sept 1950 m. Susan K. HEIL 7 Aug 1982 b. 9 May 1955
Carroll Ardine Boyd, son of Grover C. Boyd and Estelle MURRY was born, 13 May 1915, in Sunbury, Delaware County, Ohio. He married, 8 Nov 1847, Mary Helen WIRIAK, by whom he had four children, the eldest being born in Sunbury and the others being born in Columbus, Ohio. Carroll died, 2 Mar 1972 and Mary married George CLINE, who was born, 4 Apr 1918, and died, 26 Aug 1989.
1. Larry Robert Boyd b. 12 Dec 1948 m. Carol ______? b. 26 June 1948
2. Donald Stephan Boyd b. 19 Apr 1954 m. Linda Diana BEDDOW 1973 b. 11 Nov 1953
3. Linda K. Boyd b. 29 Nov 1958 m. Dick HOWARD div. m. 2nd Gary STRIGLEY m. 3rd Al BORRELI 13 Aug 1982 b. 12 Mar 1948
4. Gary Alan Boyd b. 16 July 1961 d. 5 Mar 1965
Ellen E. Boyd,
daughter of Levi Boyd and Mary Ann CONARD was born in 1854 in
Delaware County, Ohio. She married Michael SLATTERY
28 July 1872 in Delaware County. He was born in Kings County,
Ireland 11 Nov 1844, son of John Slattery and
b. 21 Dec 1873
|Chapter 1||Chapter 2||Chapter 3|
|Chapter 4||Chapter 5||Chapter 6|
|Chapter 7||Chapter 8||Chapter 9|
Looking for a Lost Internet Pal? TRY: VERIPOST