Origin of the Surname Jones
(origin Hebrew) The same as John or Johns, and signifies gracious.
Origin of the Surname Lambert
(Origin Saxon) From lamb, and beorht, fair--fair lamb.
Descendants of *Will L. JONES
As compiled by:
Jane A. Schwarz Combs
Generation No. 1
1. *WILL L.1 JONES was born 18 May 1845 in FL. (Source: 1880 Sabine Co.TX census e.d.84. Other info:Jewell Combs Fletcher.), and died in Port Arthur (Orange) TX or Yellow Pine (Sabine) TX. He married (1) *SARAH JANE ? . She was born 05 Jul 1845. He married (2) MARY BRAN. She was born 05 Jul 1845 in FL., and died in Port Arthur or Yellow Pine, TX.
Notes for *WILL L. JONES:
Info: 1880 Sabine Co. TX census, pg 214. e.d. 84.
Children of *WILL JONES and *SARAH JONES) are:
2. i. SAM BROWN2 JONES, b. 01 Oct 1869, Sabine Co.TX.
3. ii. MATTIE JONES, b. 01 Mar 1875, Sabine Co.TX; d. Texas City, TX.
4. iii. *NORA GENIVA JONES, b. 05 May 1878, Yellow Pine [Sabine] TX; d. 12 Mar 1945, Kerens [Navarro] TX.
iv. EMILY JONES, b. 21 Dec 1880; d. Eden, TX; m. DARYL MILES; d. 04 Jan 1935, Kerens [Navarro] TX.
v. CARRIE JONES, b. 18 Jan 1883.
5. vi. LAZARRUS JONES, b. 18 Feb 1886; d. 27 Jan 1969, Millersview, TX.
vii. EFFIE JONES, b. 20 Apr 1890; m. JOHN RAINWATER.
Generation No. 2
2. SAM BROWN2 JONES (*WILL L.1) was born 01 Oct 1869 in Sabine Co.TX. He married LORENA WALKER.
Notes for SAM BROWN JONES:
Children not known.
Notes for LORENA WALKER:
Parents not known. 92 years old in 1970!
Children of SAM JONES and LORENA WALKER are:
6. i. EUGENE3 JONES.
7. ii. LATHOM JONES.
8. iii. ZUMA JONES.
iv. RUBYE JONES, m. ? BROWNLEE.
9. v. LODEMA JONES.
vi. ? (BOY) JONES.
3. MATTIE2 JONES (*WILL L.1) was born 01 Mar 1875 in Sabine Co.TX, and died in Texas City, TX. She married (?) MILES.
Children of MATTIE JONES and (?) MILES are:
i. ?(GIRL)3 MILES.
ii. ??(GIRL) MILES.
iii. ???(GIRL) MILES.
iv. ????(GIRL) MILES.
v. ????? (GIRL) MILES.
vi. ?(BOY) MILES.
vii. ??(BOY) MILES.
4. *NORA GENIVA2 JONES (*WILL L.1) was born 05 May 1878 in Yellow Pine [Sabine] TX, and died 12 Mar 1945 in Kerens [Navarro] TX (Source: Death rec. Bk.8/Pg.530 Navarro Co, TX. Have copy.). She married (1) *WILLIAM JACKSON WALKER 09 Dec 1894, son of *JOHN WALKER and *LUCINDA LAMBERT. He was born 19 Jul 1875 in Sabine Co.TX, and died 13 Feb 1953 in Beaumont [Jefferson] TX (Source: Death rec.#25863 Jefferson Co.TX. Have copy. Lee Walker informant.). She married (2) JIM BOSS 25 Aug 1910. He was born 22 Jan 1869, and died in Kerens [Navarro] TX.
Notes for *NORA GENIVA JONES:
Cause of Death: Probably Acute Meningitis
Notes for *WILLIAM JACKSON WALKER:
Died @ Schlesinger Nursing Home after 5 years there.
Carroll-Wallace Funeral Home in Yellow Pine [Sabine] TX. Cause of death,
Cerebral Hemorrhage after several previous strokes.
Born in community called Stringtown (doesn't exist any longer. It was close to
Brookland TX which is abt 15 miles from Hemphill on hwy 96.
He was called "Will".
Children of *NORA JONES and *WILLIAM WALKER are:
i. LEE3 WALKER.
ii. ANNY WALKER, b. 17 Aug 1895.
10. iii. *NELLIE ORA WALKER, b. 01 Nov 1897, Yellow Pine [Sabine] TX; d. 08 Jul 1967, Waco [McLennan] TX.
11. iv. LANNIE ERA WALKER, b. 08 Jul 1900, Navarro Co., TX; d. 11 Apr 1999, Kerens (Navarro) TX.
Children of *NORA JONES and JIM BOSS are:
12. v. VAN DOLLYWAY "JACKIE"3 BOSS, b. 08 Sep 1911, Kerens [Navarro] TX.
13. vi. GLADYS MAE BOSS, b. 08 Sep 1911, Kerens [Navarro] TX.
5. LAZARRUS2 JONES (*WILL L.1) was born 18 Feb 1886, and died 27 Jan 1969 in Millersview, TX. He married STELLA ? JONES.
Children of LAZARRUS JONES and STELLA JONES are:
14. i. ROSIE3 JONES.
ii. MARY JONES.
15. iii. BILLIE JONES.
16. iv. JOHNNIE JONES.
v. SAMMIE JONES, m. MRS.SAMMIE JONES.
Notes for MRS.SAMMIE JONES:
17. vi. ROBERT JONES.
vii. ???? (BOY) JONES.
Generation No. 3
6. EUGENE3 JONES (SAM BROWN2, *WILL L.1) He married SUSIE JONES 24 Dec 1949.
Children of EUGENE JONES and SUSIE JONES are:
i. ELBERT4 JONES.
ii. TROY JONES.
7. LATHOM3 JONES (SAM BROWN2, *WILL L.1) He married EVA ? JONES.
Child of LATHOM JONES and EVA JONES is:
i. GORDON4 JONES.
8. ZUMA3 JONES (SAM BROWN2, *WILL L.1) She married (1) JOE JACKSON. She married (2) MARSHALL BLY. He died 1967 in Houston, TX.
Children of ZUMA JONES and JOE JACKSON are:
i. CLAUDINE4 JACKSON, m. DEAN VANCE.
ii. ? JACKSON.
iii. VIVIAN JACKSON, b. Abt. 1934; m. C.E. GRAY.
9. LODEMA3 JONES (SAM BROWN2, *WILL L.1) She married WINDELL MCDANIEL in Beaumont, TX.
Children of LODEMA JONES and WINDELL MCDANIEL are:
i. FRANCES4 MCDANIEL, m. KINDELL CAMERON.
ii. JANICE CAROL MCDANIEL.
iii. (??) MCDANIEL.
10. *NELLIE ORA3 WALKER (*NORA GENIVA2 JONES, *WILL L.1) was born 01 Nov 1897 in Yellow Pine [Sabine] TX, and died 08 Jul 1967 in Waco [McLennan] TX (Source: Copy Death cert. Cause: Acute Mycardial infarction). She married *THOMAS LARRY COMBS 25 Aug 1917 in Navarro Co.TX (Source: Have copy mar.rec. Bk. /Pg.390 Navarro Co.TX. J.P.Prect.7), son of *JAMES FRANKLIN COMBS and *DORINTA RHOTON. He was born 21 Sep 1895 in Springtown [Parker] TX (Source: Birth rec. Bk.19-D/Pg.77 Parker Co. TX Have copy.), and died 15 Oct 1978 in Waco [McLennan] TX (Source: Copy of Death cert. Cause: Acute heart failure, post operative period, fractur-).
Notes for *NELLIE ORA WALKER:
In 1935 they lived in Kerens,Tx. on the old L.R.Nolen place on the old Ferris
Rd off the old Wild Cat Rd.
Children of *NELLIE WALKER and *THOMAS COMBS are:
i. CLIFTON4 COMBS, b. 12 Jan 1930, Kerens [Navarro] TX; d. 17 Oct 1999, Groesbeck (Limestone) TX (lived at Lake Limestone); m. ELEANOR JOE CASON, 30 Jun 1951, Waco [McLennan] TX (Source: Mar.rec. Bk.43/Pg.813 McLennan Co, TX . Have copy).
Other wives not known at this time.
Notes for ELEANOR JOE CASON:
She graduated from Waco High School in Waco, McLennan , TX. Eleanor died of Cancer. She is the mother of all the children listed.
ii. *HOMER RAWLEY COMBS, b. 17 Sep 1918, Eureka [Navarro] TX (Source: Brøderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 1, Ed. 4, Social Security Death Index: U.S., Social Security Death Index, Surnames from A through L, Date of Import: 4 Jun 1998, Internal Ref. #18.104.22.168755.58); d. 05 Jul 1989, Waco [McLennan] TX (Source: Cause of death;Pulmonary Embolus/Bleeding Gastric Ulcer/Abdominal Aortic Aneur); m. *GEORGIA ANN "DOLLIE" REYNOLDS, 10 Apr 1937, Kerens [Navarro] TX (Source: Mar rec. Bk 31/Pg 120 Navarro Co, TX); b. 28 Sep 1915, Cookville [Titus] TX (Source: Birth cert. #51919 Titus Co, TX); d. 21 Apr 1982, Waco [McLennan] TX (Source: Cause of death: Cardiac Arrest/Acute Myocardial Infarction in hops. Was to go).
iii. CLYDE LARRY COMBS, b. 09 Dec 1920, Kerens [Navarro] TX; m. LAURINDA MARIE AUGUSTA WEICHERT WINE, 20 Sep 1968, Waco [McLennan] TX (Source: Mar.rec. Bk.69/Pg.118 McLen); b. 08 Jul 1917; d. 10 Dec 1978 (Source: Cause: Auto accident.).
Notes for CLYDE LARRY COMBS:
iv. JEWEL MAE COMBS, b. 22 Dec 1922, Kerens [Navarro] TX (Source: Copy Birth rec.); m. WILLIAM A."BILL" FLETCHER, 04 Mar 1944, Kerens [Navarro] TX; b. Kerens [Navarro] TX; d. Kerens [Navarro] TX.
v. BURTIS JUNIOR COMBS, b. 12 May 1926, Kerens [Navarro] TX; m. (1) KATHERINE NICHOLS, 02 Oct 1948, Waco [McLennan] TX; m. (2) ALLENE JANIE HERZOG, 19 Sep 1953, Waco [McLennan] TX (Source: Mar.rec. #1: Bk.44/Pg.408 McLennan Co.TX. Have copy.); b. 23 Mar 1928, Cego [Falls] TX.
vi. THOMAS EDWARD COMBS, b. 10 Jan 1932, Kerens [Navarro] TX (Source: Birth REc. 1588 Navarro Co, TX); d. 26 Sep 1990, Waco [McLennan] TX (Source: Copy Death cert. Cause: Heart Attach. Had previous heart bypass surgeries.); m. (1) EFFIE O'DELL HOLMES, 22 Jun 1951, Waco [McLennan] TX (Source: Mar.rec. Bk.48/Pg.190 McLennan CO, TX); b. 19 Jun 1933; m. (2) BETTIE MARIE DABNEY WOODALL, 05 Sep 1984, Fairfield [Freestone] TX (Source: Mar.rec. BK.22/Pg.313 Freestone Co, TX).
Notes for THOMAS EDWARD COMBS:
Vet. Korean War.
11. LANNIE ERA3 WALKER (*NORA GENIVA2 JONES, *WILL L.1) was born 08 Jul 1900 in Navarro Co., TX, and died 11 Apr 1999 in Kerens (Navarro) TX. She married HARRY H. HARP. He died Abt. 1946 in Kerens (Navarro) TX.
Notes for LANNIE ERA WALKER:
Other children not known. She died at Southwoood Nursing home in Kerens (Navarro) TX. Services at Paschal Funeral Home, with Rev. Wes Johnson officiating. Buried next to her husband at Long Prairie Cem in Kerens. Survived by dau, Laverne Harp of Corsicana, TX., half- sister, Gladys Radney of Kerens, four grandchilden; six great-grandchildren.
Notes for HARRY H. HARP:
Information: Family and newspaper obit. World War 1 veteran. Accidently killed at Valley Farms, when tractor turned over on him. He was employed at Valley Farms. He was repairing a levee near Trinity River at the time of the accident. Member of American Legion. Funeral Services held at the Long Prairie Cemetery in Kerens, Navarro, TX. Service by Dr. Page. Burial at Long Prairie Cem., in Kerens, TX.
Mother listed in Obit as Mrs. H. R. Cockrell of Kerens, TX. A sister, Mrs. Ed Gowen of Kerens. Corley Funeral Home.
Children of LANNIE WALKER and HARRY HARP are:
i. DOUGLAS ZORA4 HARP.
ii. LAVERNE HARP.
iii. DAU HARP, m. LESLIE MCPHERSON.
12. VAN DOLLYWAY "JACKIE"3 BOSS (*NORA GENIVA2 JONES, *WILL L.1) was born 08 Sep 1911 in Kerens [Navarro] TX. He married AUDREY (?) BOSS.
Notes for VAN DOLLYWAY "JACKIE" BOSS:
Twin to Gladys.
Children of VAN BOSS and AUDREY BOSS are:
i. JACK R.4 BOSS, m. ? GERMAN WIFE BOSS.
Notes for JACK R. BOSS:
ii. JUANITA BOSS, m. ? FREEMAN, Waco [McLennan) TX.
iii. GLADYS WYNELL BOSS, m. JAMES ALFRED VERGAUWEN, 16 Nov 1965, Waco [McLennan) TX.
iv. ALVIN BOSS.
v. DANNY BOSS.
vi. BABY BOY BOSS, b. 23 Oct 1952, Kerens [Navarro] TX; d. 23 Oct 1952, Kerens [Navarro] TX.
13. GLADYS MAE3 BOSS (*NORA GENIVA2 JONES, *WILL L.1) was born 08 Sep 1911 in Kerens [Navarro] TX. She met BILL RADNEY (Source: Obit in Corsicana Daily Sun Newspaper. Corsicana (Navarro) TX, Obit on page 2A June 4, 1998.). He was born 31 Jul 1907 in Ellis County, TX Resided in Kerens (Navarro) TX, and died 03 Jun 1998 in Navarro Regional Hospital.
Notes for GLADYS MAE BOSS:
Twin to Jackie.
Notes for BILL RADNEY:
Rev. Harold Scott said Bill Radney was a very religious man. Helped start the church and was an Elder. Rev. Scott was in California when Bill was dying, he said he saw a vision of him dying, called Gladys and she said he had died. Funeral, Friday 5, 1998 at Paschal Funeral Home in Kerens. Rev. Larry Burdeen officiating. Burial at Long Prairie Cemetery.
Bill was preceded in death by his daughter Wanda Jo Radney Woods, and survived by his wife Gladys. He was a ranch foreman for Mr. Ama Bain for 28 years on the Bain Ranch.
Child of GLADYS BOSS and BILL RADNEY is:
i. WANDA JO4 RADNEY, b. Kerens [Navarro] TX; d. 09 Aug 1997; m. ? WOODS (H/O WANDA JO RADNEY); b. 23 Mar 1935, Rural Shade (Navarro) TX..
Notes for WANDA JO RADNEY:
Resided in Kerens (Navarro) TX. Died in Columbia Navarro Regional Hosp. Funeral Monday 11 Aug 1997 At Paschal Funeral Home in Kerens at 10:00 a.m. Rev. Larry Burden officiating. Burial at Long Prairie Cem, in Kerens. Died of Heart Attack. Had Diabetes.
14. ROSIE3 JONES (LAZARRUS2, *WILL L.1) She married (?) HUSBAND TO ROSIE JONES.
Child of ROSIE JONES and (?) JONES is:
i. (SON OF ROSIE)4 JONES.
15. BILLIE3 JONES (LAZARRUS2, *WILL L.1) She married ?(HUSBAND TO BILLIE JONES.
Child of BILLIE JONES and ?(HUSBAND JONES is:
i. DAU OF BILLIE4 JONES.
16. JOHNNIE3 JONES (LAZARRUS2, *WILL L.1) He married (1) MRS.SAMMIE JONES. He married (2) MRS. JOHNNIE JONES.
Children of JOHNNIE JONES and MRS.SAMMIE JONES are:
i. GIRL4 JONES.
ii. ? GIRL JONES.
17. ROBERT3 JONES (LAZARRUS2, *WILL L.1) He married MRS. ROBERT JONES.
Child of ROBERT JONES and MRS. JONES is:
i. (SON)4 JONES.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED: The information you have found on this website is protected by the US Copyright Law, Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. See: http://lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/ Individual genealogist's may copy and use the information found on this website for personal use "ONLY". It is not to be copied or altered in any way for commercial use nor for use on another webpage without the written permission of the webmaster. You may link freely to this website. Where information has been provided by someone other than the webmaster, written permission must be obtained by the submitter to copy the information.Sources: 1880 Sabine Co. TX census, pg 214. e.d. 84, various census records, birth, marriage and death records and from family members
Copyright © 2004-2005 Jane Combs All Rights Reserved