Earliest known ancestor Daniel Driscoll, Upper Quebec.
The information that I have comes from the archives of Quebec. Daniel Driscoll, an hotel keeper, and Eliza (Elizabeth) Carmichael were married on Jan.l2, l858 at St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Quebec. Daniels' parents are listed as Daniel Driscoll and Johanna Forrestal from Upper Quebec. Their marriage is not recorded in the index so they are thought to have come from Ireland.
Eliza's parents are William Carmichael and the late Margaret McCrea also of Upper Quebec. William Carmichael is thought to arrived from Ireland in 1832 or 33 and that his first wife, Suzan Kelly, might have died during the travel at sea. William Carmichael and Margaret McCrea were married at Quebec, Quebec (at Notre-Dame) on Sept. 30, 1834. Margaret McCrea is the daughter of James McCrea and Catherine McHenry.
In 1867-68 the address of Eliza and Daniel Driscoll was 40, St-Eustache St. Quebec. The following children were born to them:
- William John -born October 3, 1858
- Mary - born December 1st,1860 - died June 28, 1862
- James Patrick - born January 3, 1863
- Eliza Anne - born December 11, 1864
- Daniel Stephen - born December 27, 1866
- Mary - born August 30, 1868 - died August 30, 1868
- Margaret - born July 13, 1869
- Mary Emma - born May 12, 1871
- Michael Thomas - born April 7, 1875 married Florence E. Kramer in 1906 at Missoula, Montana.
- Their son, Thomas L. Driscoll was born Feb. 6, 1908 at Missoula, Montan; d. 16 Dec 1994, last residence Kelso, Cowlit, WA [SSDI].
- Peter David - born January 31, 1878
- Francis Lawrence - born January 31, 1878
- Susan Agnes - born November 2, 1879
Thomas J. Driscoll ( Michael Thomas Driscoll) enlisted March 20, 1901 at Brooklyn, New York. His residence and next of kin is Elizabeth Driscoll (mother) 635 Atlantic Ave. Brooklyn, New York. At the time of his second enlistment his next of kin was given as Mrs. E. Cortlandt (sister) 406 Coalton Avenue, Brooklyn, New York. This information is from the National Archives of the War Department.
Tests Taken: Y-DNA 67
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids