Earliest known ancestor Timothy Driscoll b.c. 1800 Skibbereen/Baltimore.
- My most ancient ancestor is Timothy DRISCOLL and his wife Mary [nee unknown ]. They had at least two children.
- Jeremiah DRISCOLL born circa 1835, is my great grandfather. His death certificate records that he was from Lough Hyne and that his father [Timothy, above] was a tenant farmer. Folklore states Jeremiah was a brewery worker in Skibbereen prior to emigrating to Western Australia [W A ] . Jeremiah married Catherine CAREY [Father , Patrick CAREY tenant farmer from Castletownshend ; Mother , Mary [ O ] Brien ] at her parents residence in Castletownshend in 1868. Later that year their first child was born.
- He was named after the fathers father which was Timothy. Infant Timothy was born in High Street in Skibbereen. In 1869 Jeremiah , Catherine and infant Timothy emigrated to W A , sailing per Hastings EX London. In W A Jeremiah became a farmer , naming his original property Shamrockville or Shamrockvilla and the second property Baltimore , obviously from his area of birth. Little else is known of the G-G Grandparents, Timothy and Mary. Catherine had at least one other sibling, a brother Cornelius.
- Johanna DRISCOLL born circa 1847 was Jeremiahs only known sister. She emigrated to W A in 1866, saling per Robert Morrison ex London.
- Given the gap in ages between Jeremiah and Johanna then it is likely that there are more siblings. My objective is to try and locate any living relatives of these siblings and complete the Family Tree.
See also the biography of Jeremiah and Catherine.
Tests Taken: Y-DNA 67
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids