The diagram below depicts the pedigree and descendants of Eirdirsceil
the progenitor after whom the Ui Eidersceoil or O'Driscolls took their
hereditary surname. He is estimated to have lived around 942 AD and is a
descendent of Lughaidh Laidhe, from whom Corca-Laidhe families such as the
O'Driscoll, O'Coffee or O'Cowhig and O'Flynn are said to descend.
Conchobar or Cornelius O'Driscoll
- Cornelius O'DRISCOLL; a captain in the Archduke country, living
1615; m. Ellen daughter of Donnell MAC SWYNE of Muskerry
- Donogh O'DRISCOLL, chief of his name
- Florence O'DRISCOLL of Ballyisland b.~1677
m. 1st 1706
m. 2d Miss FITZGERALD
- Denis O'DRISCOLL of Creagh Court b. 1707; m. 2nd Martha
- Matthias (Matthew) O'DRISCOLL b.~1756, Co. Cork,
Ireland; d. 1820, Charleston, SC; bur. near Jacksonboro; m.
Ladson BUER; came to America in 1794
- Dennis O'DRISCOLL b. 01 Feb 1794 Jacksonboro,
Colleton, SC [IGI]; m. Harriet C. EVANS, Apr 1817; d. 17 Aug 1817, Savannah, GA
- Anna Ladson O'DRISCOLL b. 30 Mar 1818; d.
- Eliza O'DRISCOLL b.~1800, SC; d. 25 Dec 1851,
- Anna Rachel O'DRISCOLL b. 17 Oct 1797; d. 21
Mar 1849; m. John Blake WHITE, 1 Oct 1819, SC
- Michael O'DRISCOLL of Baltimore b.1764; d. 1849; m.
Helena O'DRISCOLL of Lakeland, daughter of Timothy O'DRISCOLL, Esq. J.P. and
sister of Alexander O'DRISCOLL, Esq. J.P
- Denis O'DRISCOLL; d. w/o issue
- Helena O'DRISCOLL
- Eliza O'DRISCOLL b. 1805; d. 28 Apr 1877,
Dublin; m. 1st James O'BRIEN of Cork; m 2nd De Courcy O'GRADY, Esq. of
Castleconnell, Co. Limerick.
- Jane O'DRISCOLL
- William O'DRISCOLL b. 06 Jun 1766; m. Mary RABY of
Kingsland, Middlesex, (Maraget); 1841 Census: Stoke Damerel, Devonport
Henry O'DRISCOLL b. 16 Jun 1803, Stoke, Plymouth; d. 26 Jun 1865,
Kensington; m. Laura Isabella BROWNE 4 Apr 1853 Spanish Place Chapel,
- Mary O'DRISCOLL b. 06 Aug 1805; d. 09 Dec
- Cornelius O'DRISCOLL who settled in America, and
became an officer in the United States' Navy, in which service he died
[O'Driscoll, Cornelius. Lieutenant, 26 April, 1799. Discharged 15 April, 1801,
The following gentlemen to be Lieutenants in the Navy: ...
Cornelius O'Driscoll, of S. Carolina. JOHN ADAMS. United States, January 8th,
of the executive proceedings of the Senate of the United States of America,
Married, by the Rev. Dr. Gallagher, on Tuesday evening last,
Capt. Cornelius O'Driscoll, to Miss Maria R. Talvande, both of this city.
(Friday, December 11, 1807.) ]
- William Cornelius O'DRISCOLL of Charleston, SC
and having legitimate issue male (as of 1849)
- Francis O'DRISCOLL b.~1847, GA; m. Isabelle
(Belle) COHEN; d. 14 Jun 1875, Savannah, GA [University of Virginia: Its
History, Influence, Equipment and ...google eBook]
- Frances (Fanny) O'DRISCOLL b. 07 Mar
1867, Paris, France; m. John H HUNTER; 1900 Census: Savannah, Chatham, GA
- Isabell (Belle) O'DRISCOLL b.~1870, GA;
m. Frank (Francis) Chauncey BATTEY Sr.
- Edith O'DRISCOLL b.~ 1872, GA; m.
- Lucy O'DRISCOLL m. John O'GRADY of Limerick
- William O'DRISCOLL from whom Daniel MACCARTHY of
Gortnascreena, was descended in the female line.
- Michael O'DRISCOLL d. w/o issue; m. Honora MORRIS
- Cornelius O'DRISCOLL, of Florence Court and Riverview
- Ellen O'DRISCOLL m. Dr. Mauritius POWER, Surgeon
Royal Navy of Clonakilty; d. 19 Feb 1835 [Ref: Cork Evening Herald, 1835,
Limerick Chronicle, 18 Feb 1837]
Alexander O'Driscoll, Esq. J.P
- Annals of the
Kingdom of Ireland, Vol. 5, 1856
- O'Driscoll More He was Chief of Collymore, a territory of which
Baltimore was the chief town, in the county of Cork. Sir Fineen, or Florence,
O'Driscoll More was not a member of this Parliament. Con O'Driscoll, called the
Admiral, was the last known chief of this family. Alexander O'Driscoll, Esq.,
J. P., of the county of Cork, comes from a junior branch.
- Alexander O'Driscoll and Margaret O'Sullivan, Caharagh Church
- Cathe chr. 26 Oct 1821, of Mount Musick
- Margt Anne chr. 28 Nov 1824, of Mt. Musick
- Ellen chr. 16 Apr 1826, of Mt. Musick
- Elizabeth chr. 11 Feb 1831, of Mt. Musick
- Alex chr. 26 Apr 1832, of Gunascreena
This page was
last modified: Sunday, 25-Aug-2013 13:32:48 MDT