This home page was created for descendents of Laura Huffaker and Daniel Webster Clay Rector. Much of this information was taken from The Rector's of Wayne County, Kentucky, by Clara Rector Barnes Smart, published in 1975 by Wayside Press. The rest came from public family trees. Please note that some of this information has been documented, some has not. I'm putting what I have found for informational purposes only. As with all genealogy info on the web - don't assume it is true unless you've documented it for yourself.
Conrad Breuel was born 12 Dec 1652 at Dusslingen, Tubingen, Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany to Martin Breuel and Anna Durr. He died there on 8 Oct 1703. On 16 Aug 1678 at Dusslingen, Tubingen, Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany, on 16 Aug 1678 at Dusslingen he married Margaretha Schelling.
Margaretha Schelling was born on 18 Jan 1652 at Dusslingen, Tubingen, Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany, probably to Johannes Schelling (1608-1683) and Agnes Durr (abt 1608-1661). Conrad and Margaretha (Schelling) Breuel had at least one child: Johannes (1679-1733)
Johannes Broyles and Ursula Ruop
Johannes Broyles was born 1 May 1679 at Dusslingen, Tubingen, Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany to Conrad Breuel and Margaretha Schelling. He died at Spotsylvania, Virginia on 5 Feb 1733. He married Ursula Ruop on 6 Nov 1703 at Otisheim, Baden-Wuerttenberg, Germany. Johannes and Ursula Broyles came to America as part of the 1717 Germanna Colony settlement.
Ursula Ruop was born abt 1680 at Otisheim, Baden-Wuerttenberg, Germany to Jacob Ruop (1650 Germany -1703 VA) and Anna Barbara Schone (1664 Germany - 1743 VA). She may have also married a Blankenbaker? She died in Virginia abt 1744. Johannes and Ursula (Ruop) Broyles had at least the following children:
1. Hans Jacob Broyles, b. 26 Mar 1705 at Otisheim, Baden-Wuerttenberg, Germany, d. 18 May 1763 at Culpepper, Virginia. Abt 1727 he married Mary Catherine Fleishman (abt 1703 to 3 Nov 1761) in Spotsylvania, VA. They had at least the following children: Adam Broyles (1728 VA-1782 TN); Catherine Broyles (abt 1730 VA - 1831 VA); Nicholas Broyles (abt 1730 VA - 1814 TN); Cyrus Broyles (1732 VA - 1826 TN) ; Jacob Broyles (1736 VA - 1798 TN); Peter Broyles (1737 VA - 1824 WV); Elizabeth Broyles (abt 1740 VA - 1783 TN; John Broyles (abt 1742-1785)).
2. Mattheus Broyles, b. 24 Nov 1706 at Otisheim, Baden-Wuerttenberg, Germany, d. 24 Jul 1708 at at Otisheim, Baden-Wuerttenberg, Germany.
3. Appellonia Broyles, b. abt 1707, d. ? I've seen 1707 listed as her death, as well as 1766 and 1780. I don't know her actual death date.
4. John Broyles, b. abt 1708, d.? I've seen his death listed as 1734 in Madison County, Virginia?
5. Conrad Broyles, b. 2 Jul 1709 at Otisheim, Baden-Wuerttenberg, Germany, d. 13 Sep 1783 at Randolph, North Carolina. In 1734 he married Margaret Rush (1718-1800) at Rob River Valley, Orange, VA. This is my direct line. See below for more information about this family.
6. Jerg Martin Broyles, b. 8 Jan 1711 at Otisheim, Baden-Wuerttenberg, Germany, d. 8 Nov 1711 at Otisheim, Baden-Wuerttenberg, Germany.
7. Maria Elisabetha Broyles, b. 1716 at Otisheim, Baden-Wuerttenberg, Germany, d. abt 1763 at Virginia. She married Hans Peter Fleishman (1708-1774). They had at least the following children: Barbara (b. 1732); Robert (b. abt 1735; d. abt 1798); Catherine (b. abt 1736); and Elizabeth (b. abt 1738)
8. Catherine Broyles, b. abt 1720 at Spotsylvania Co., VA, d. abt 1763 at Culpepper, Virginia. It seems that about 1740 at VA she married Adam Wilhoit or Willheit (1719-1763) . They may have had the following children: Mary Wilhoit (1740-1830); John Wilhoit (1743-1815); Michael Wilhoit (1745-1805); Elizabeth Wilhoit (1748-1772); George Wilhoit (1752-1807)
Conrad Broyles was born 2 Jul 1709 at Otisheim, Baden-Wuerttenberg, Germany to Johannes Broyles and Ursula Ruop, d. 13 Sep 1783 at Randolph, North Carolina. He came to the New World in 1717 with his parents as part of the 1717 Germanna Colony. In 1734 he married Margaret Rush (1718-1800) at Rob River Valley, Orange, VA.
Margaret (Raush?) Rush was born between 1707 and 1718 at Robinson River Valley, Madison County, Virginia to John Rouse (b. abt 1692 at Alsace, Germany) and an unknown mother. She died abt 1800 at Randolph, North Carolina. Conrad and Margaret likely had at least the following children, although I'm not 100% sure of all but the first two:
1. Mary Broyles, b. 1734 at Orange Co., Va, d. 1818 at Randolph, NC. In 1750 she married Crawford Rush (1720-1799). They had at least two children: Benjamin Rush (1752-1819); and Rebecca Rush (1760-1838).
2. Michael Broyles, b. 6 June 1740 at Culpepper, Orange Co., VA, d. abt 1771 at Randolph, NC or abt 1839 at Tennessee. This is my direct line - see below for more information about Michael's family.
3. Frederick Broyles, b. abt 1745 at Orange Co., VA, d. 1815 at Randolph, North Carolina.
4. Elizabeth Broyles?
5. Rachel Briles, b. abt 1750 at Culpepper, Orange Co., VA; she may have married Jonas Hoover (1746-1851).
6. Rebecca Broyles, b. abt 1750 at Orange Co., VA; she may have married Frederick Waymire (1747-1827).
7. Adam Broyles, b. abt 1750 at Orange Co., VA; he may have married Elizabeth Speck (also born abt 1750).
8. George Broyles (Briles), b. abt 1755 at Rowan, NC; he may have m. Barbara Conrad (1769-1850).
9. Susannah Briles, b. abt 1760? at Rowan, , NC; she may have married Thomas Scrivener (1744-1825).
Michael Broyles was born 6 Jun 1740 at Culpepper, Orange County, Virginia to Conrad Broyles and Margaret Rush. His marriage information is not clear. He married a Susannah ? and he died 18 Jan 1839 either in North Carolina or Tennessee.
Susannah or Elizabeth? was b. abt 1754 at Randolph, NC and died there on 6 Oct 1801. They had at least two children:
1. Mary Broyles ( see below for more information), born abt 1770 at Rowan, Randolph, North Carolina, died in 1845 at Macon, Missouri. She married Francis Marion Vickery on 27 September 1787 at Randolph, North Carolina.
2. Margaret Broyles, b. abt 1772 at Randolph Co., NC. She married Shadrach Kindley (1771-1825) in June 1791 in North Carolina. Margaret Broyles Kindley died in Macon, Missouri about 1845.
Mary Broyles was born abt 1770 at Randolph, North Carolina to Michael Broyles and Susanna or Elizabeth?. She married Francis Marion Vickery on 25 Sep 1787 in Randolph, North Carolina. They moved to Wayne County, Kentucky around 1810. Mary Broyles Vickery died in Macon, Missouri abt 1845.
Francis Marion Vickery born 1766 at Randolph, North Carolina to John Vickery (1738-1788) and unknown mother. Francis died in Macon, Missouri on 11 Sep 1843. Between 1800 and 1810, Francis moved to Kentucky where he was "given land in Wayne County under the "Headrights" provision" according to Clara Rector Barnes Smart's book. He is listed as living in Wayne County, Kentucky on the 1830 census. Francis Vickery and Mary Broyles had 6 children.
Got to the Vickery page for more information about Mary Broyles and Francis Marion Vickery's children.
return to the top of the page
return to main site: Rector
This page was last updated on July 31, 2010