Colby (d. 1660), of Salisbury and Amesbury,
Planter, he purchased the house and land of Thomas
Macy west of the Powow River in 1654.
(?) Colby Whitridge (d. 1689), she lived in
the house her former husband Anthony Colby purchased
from Thomas Macy during the term of her widowhood.
Colby (1638-1716), of Haverhill and
Amesbury, Innholder; he married Elizabeth Sargent
before 1668 and resided for a time in Haverhill; he
established the Colby Tavern in Amesbury in 1678; in
1682 he purchased the house and land where his mother
lived, to provide for her during he widowhood.
Colby (1671-1746), of Amesbury, Yeoman; he
lived on the former Samuel Weed homestead east of
Main Street from 1695 to 1746; he inherited the
former Macy land and other land west of Main Street
from his father in 1716; he sold the north part of
the former Macy land to John Bartlett in 1729 and
Colby (1706-1749), of Boston and Amesbury,
Blacksmith; he married Elizabeth Gee in Boston in
1728 and resided there; he returned to Amesbury and
purchased the south part of the former Macy land from
his father in 1744; his widow Elizabeth probably
returned to Boston after her son came of age and
received the homestead.
Colby (1731-1814), of Amesbury, Blacksmith;
he inherited his father's house and land when he came
of age, and purchased additional land to the west of
the homestead from the heirs of Icahabod Colby.
Colby (1763-1832), of Amesbury, Blacksmith;
he received the north part of his father's land in
1816, where he built a new house.
Colby (1770-1844), of Amesbury,
Schoolmaster; he received the south part of his
father's land with the house in 1816, and lived there
until his death in 1844.
Colby (1775-1850), of Amesbury, Mariner; he
received the house and land from his brother
Hezekiah's estate in 1845, which he sold to his son
the same year.
Colby (1811-1892), of Amesbury, Trader; he
purchased the Colby house from his father in 1845,
and lived there until his death in 1892; he deeded
the house and land to his son in 1885.
Colby (1851-1909), of Amesbury, Trimmer; he
received his father's house in 1885, where he lived
until 1899; in that year he sold land west of the
house to the Bartlett Cemetery, and the house to his
uncle Moses L. Colby.
Colby (1820-1901), of Amesbury; lived with
his brother and nephew in the old Colby house; in
1899 he purchased the house and then deeded it to the
Bartlett Cemetery, to be kept as a memorial of the
The Colby Family and the Macy-Colby Property Maps.