- For all Louisiana birth certificates less than 101 years old: Louisiana Vital Records Registry
- For birth records other than Orleans Parish over 100 years old: Contact the parish Clerk of Court, but there may be no records.
- For all Louisiana death certificates less than 51 years old: Louisiana Vital Records Registry
- For statewide death records more than 50 years old: Louisiana State Archives
- For marriage records other than Orleans Parish: Contact the parish Clerk of Court
- For divorce records: Contact the parish Clerk of Court
- For property sales and successions: Contact the parish Clerk of Court, Office of Conveyances.
Clerk of Court
P.O. Box 818
Thibodaux, LA 70302
Phone: (985) 447-4841
Fax: (985) 447-5800
Marriages begin in 1803 and Successions in 1794. No birth or death records at all.
Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux
Office of Archives
205 Audobon Ave
Thibodaux, La. 70301
The office hours are from 8:00am to 4:00pm on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, the center is closed for lunch between 12:00noon to 1:00pm.
Louisiana State Archives
Secretary of State, Vital Records
P.O. Box 94125
Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9125.
Phone: (225) 922-2012
Louisiana State Archives, click archives, click research library. They have online databases where you can look up your names and you can print out a filled out request form: click on vital records, then the database you want.
Orleans Parish birth records for 1819-1907 (births over 100 years ago)
(Index for 1790-1818, but no records)
Orleans Parish marriage records for 1870-1957 (marriages over 50 years ago)
(Index for 1831-1869, but no records.)
Orleans Parish death records for 1819-1957 (deaths over 50 years ago)
(Index for 1804-1818)
Marriage, birth, and death records are $5.