Rosch / Roesch Genealogy
- Krafft-Craft, Rosch-Rush, Davis [family records] by Pugh, Carmelia Brooks
1977 - FHL US/CAN Film 982489 Item 2
- Die Württembergischen Rösch-Sippen by Rösch, Max
- Bd. 1 FHL INTL Film 844924 Item 2
- Bd. 2 FHL INTL Film 1181858 Item 8
- Bd. 3 FHL INTL Film 1181858 Item 12
Rosch listed in Rupp's 30,000 Immigrants:
|Risch, Joh. Friederich
|Rosch, Georg Heinrich
|Rosch, Johann Georg
||Duke of Wirttemberg
|Rosch, Michael, Jr.
||Duke of Wirttemberg
Emigration according to the Wurttemburg database
- Zuname Herkunft Jahr Zielland
- Roschdiansky, Friedrich Blaufelden, SHA 1852 Amerika
- Rosch, NN. Remmingsheim, Neustetten, TÜ 1751 Nordamerika, Pennsylvania
- Rösch, Georg Reinsbronn, Stadt Creglingen, TBB 1854 Amerika
- Rösch, Friedrich Beilstein, Stadt, HN 1876 Schweiz
- Rösch, Gottlieb Großingersheim, Ingersheim, LB 1854 Nordamerika
- Rösch, Jakob Kirchentellinsfurt, TÜ 1850 Siebenbürgen
- Rösch, Gottlieb Hinterweiler : Gomaringen, TÜ 1851 Österreich
- Rösch, Andreas Magolsheim, Stadt Münsingen, RT 1851 Nordamerika
- Roesch, Anna Maria Ebersbach, Ebersbach-Musbach, RV 1854 Amerika
- Rösch, Andreas Laichingen, Stadt, UL 1854 Nordamerika
- Rösch, Christoph Andreas Lauffen am Neckar, Stadt, HN 19. Jh. Nordamerika
- Rösch, Christian Friedrich Marbach am Neckar, Stadt, LB 1865 Nordamerika
- Rösch, Justine Auendorf, Bad Ditzenbach, GP 1835 Nordamerika
- Rösch, Josepha Bartenstein, Stadt Schrozberg, SHA 1849 Nordamerika
- Rösch, Karl Hermann Beilstein, Stadt, HN 1886 Schweiz
- Rösch, Karoline Reutlingen, Stadt, RT 1853 Amerika
- Rösch, Karl Ludwig Ravensburg, Stadt, RV 1852 Nordamerika
- Rösch, Johann Georg Hirschlanden, Stadt Ditzingen, LB 1805 Rußland
- Rösch, Johann Georg Hirschlanden, Stadt Ditzingen, LB 1805 Amerika
- Rösch, Johanna Bartholomä, AA 1854 Nordamerika
- Rösch, Johannes Gomaringen, TÜ 1854 Südamerika
- Rösch, Johannes Auendorf, Bad Ditzenbach, GP 1853 Nordamerika
- Röscher, Babette Hochberg, Remseck am Neckar, LB 1854 Nordamerika
- Röscher, Albert Hochberg, Remseck am Neckar, LB 1854 Nordamerika
- Röscher, Leopold Hochberg, Remseck am Neckar, LB 1854 Nordamerika
- Röscher, Jesias Hochberg, Remseck am Neckar, LB 1856 Frankreich
- Röscheisen, Johannes Scharenstetten, Dornstadt, UL 1849 Nordamerika
- Rösch, NN. Bad Urach, Stadt, RT 1854 Nordamerika, Texas
- Rösch, NN. Dettingen am Albuch, Gerstetten, HDH 18. Jh. Preußen
- Röscheisen, Christof Temmenhausen, Dornstadt, UL 1785 Preußen
- Röscheisen, Anna Bermaringen, Blaustein, UL 1861 Amerika
1700s Pennsylvania Census - Philadelphia
Rosch in Pennsylvania
- Rosch, Barbara 1802 Lancaster Co., PA Church
- Rosch, Catharina 1795 Berks Co., PA Church
- Rosch, Catharine 1765 Lancaster Co., PA Church
- Rosch, Conrad 1765 Pennsylvania Naturalizations
- Rosch, Dorothea 1765 Berks Co., PA Church
- Rosch, John 1802 Lancaster Co., PA Church
- Rosch, Julius 1849 New Orleans Passenger Lists
- Rosch, Magdalena 1782 Berks Co., PA Church
- Rosch, Magdalena 1797 Berks Co., PA Church
- Rosch, Magdalena Gittelmann 1770 Berks Co., PA Church
- Rosch, Maria Magdalena 1782 Berks Co., PA Church
- Rosch, Maria Magdalena 1799 Berks Co., PA Church
- Rosch, Matthew 1765 Lancaster Co., PA Church
- Rosch, Michael 1760 Berks Co., PA Wills
- Rosch, Michael 1765 Berks Co., PA Church
- Rosch, Michael 1767 Berks Co., PA Wills
- Rosch, Michael 1770 Berks Co., PA Church
- Rosch, Sally 1800 Lancaster Co., PA Church
- Rosch, Sally 1802 Lancaster Co., PA Church
- Rosch, Stephan 1770 Berks Co., PA Church
- Rosch, Stephanus 1782 Berks Co., PA Church
- Rosch, Stephanus 1797 Berks Co., PA Church
- Rosch, Stephanus 1799 Berks Co., PA Church
- Rosch, Stephen 1795 Berks Co., PA Church
Roschs Married in Berks County, Pennsylvania in 1700s
From Berks County, PA Marriages 1730-1800
- 08 Jul 1781 - M. Rosh of Reading to Maria Christina
Sauerbier by Rev. William Boos
- 24 Sep 1798 - Chirstopher Rauch of Rading to Margaretha
Stodz by Rev. Philip Pauli
- 05 Apr 1795 - Catherine Rosch oldest d/o Stephen to
Daniel Philippi of Reading by Rev. Daniel Lehman
Rosch: Daughters of the American Revolution
DAR Volume 12 page 281 ID Number: 11737 &
Volume 30 ID Number: 29238
Philip Heitshu and Catherine Rupert, d/o Philip Rupert and
Catherine Rosch, his wife.
Lieutenant Philip Rupert, who was born in Germany, and had served
in Canada under the British, became a zealous patriot. He was
with Washington in the Jersey campaign, and was wounded at
Brandywine. He died at Catawissa, 1829, aged ninety-one.
DAR Volume 51 page 229 ID Number: 50504, DAR Volume 106 ID
Number: 105819, DAR Volume 52 page 7 ID Number: 51013
Joseph Paxton and wife Catharine Rupert, d/o
Leonard Rupert and Sally Bright, his wife.
John Philip Rupert and Catherine Rosch, his wife.
DAR Volume 58 page 120 ID Number: 57346, DAR Volume 71 page 66
ID Number: 70179, DAR Volume 112 page 306 ID Number: 111956
Thomas W. Lloyd and wife Elizabeth Rupert, d/o.
Leonard Rupert and Sallie Bright, his wife.
John Philip Rupert and Catherine Rosch, his wife.
DAR Volume 67
DAR ID Number: 66943
Peter Fornwald (1771-1847) and Ann Elizabeth Rupert (1773-1866),
his wife, m. 1795.
Philip Rupert and Catharine Rosch (1744-1828), his wife, m. 1762.
List of foreigners imported in the ship Virtuous Grace, John Bull, Master, from Rotterdam; qualified Sept 24, 1737:
RAUSCH, Michael also listed as RONSH, Michael 42.
York (Adams) Co., PA
St. James Lutheran Church, Littlestown, PA
- 10 Apr 1767 - Anna Maria of Michael Rosch & wife Catharine Barbara. Sp: Christian Roth, A. M. Zollermin
Roesch in Wuerttemberg
From James Oberacker's Baden-Wuerttemberg Ahnentafel Report
- 27 Dec 1998
- 3292 Justus JUNG . Born 7 Apr 1593 in Goeppingen, Donaukreis, Wuerttemberg. Died 12 Sep 1635. He married Christine ROESCH, 28 Sep 1619 in Goeppingen, Donaukreis, Wuerttemberg.
- 3293 Christine ROESCH . Born in Stuttgart, Wuerttemberg. Died 9 Oct 1627.
- 6586 Kaspar ROESCH vogt/kammerrat. Born in Stuttgart/Böbl, Wuerttemberg. He married Anna KRAEMER.
Rosch in from Graben, Baden, Germany in 1700 to Ohio in 1800s
Johann Wendel ROESCH (b. 23 Oct 1770 at Graben, Baden, Germany), married 9 Jan 1798 at Graben, Baden, Germany to
Katharina HERBSTER. Children:
Wilhelm ROESCH (b. 29 Nov 1803 at Graben, Wuerttemberg, Germany - d. 17 Apr 1876 at Tully Twp. Marion Co. Ohio),
married 7 Jun 1834 to Salome KAMMERER.
Johan Jakob Rosch and Maria Dorner in Heuchlingen
Johan Jakob Rosch b:1768 in Heuchlingen d:1838. married Maria Dorner. He was a weber.
Son named Wilhem Heinrich b:1821 d:1891.same place. Married a Griesser.
Daughter named Agate b. 1849 in Setzingen d. 1883 in Heuchlingen; had married a Krauss.
Roesch in from Stuttguart to Illinois, then Florida
Parents came from Stutguart, Germany in the 1800's. Florrie was born about 1/19/1873
and died 4/1968 at 94 years of age.
Her parents: Dr & Mrs Otto Roesch came to this country from Stutguart, Germany and came
to Ilinois and Dr Roesch studied to be a doctor and received his degree in St. Louis, MO.
They latter lived in Ft Ogden, FL and are both buried in a church cemetery there.
Wuerttemberg Emigration Index, Volume 4 Results
THE WUERTTEMBERG EMIGRATION INDEX: Volume Four
ABBREVIATIONS OF OBERAEMTER=DISTRICT TOWNS
Name: Roesch, Johann Jacob
Birth Place: Neidlingen
Application Date: 1853
Destination: North America
THE WUERTTEMBERG EMIGRATION INDEX: Volume Four
Name: Roesch, Johannes
Birth Date: 20 Sep 1840
Birth Place: Gomaringen
Application Date: Apr 1867
Destination: North America
Roesch in Iffezheim in late 1600s
A large part of my ancestors originates from Sandweier. Since the first decades of the church
books of Sandweier are very incomplete, I decided to execute a complete analysis of the first
two church books. This covers the period of 1679 to 1785. Only by this analysis it was possible
to detect connections which would have remained hidden with a superficial handling.
The handling is not final yet. At present the first church book (1679 to 1740) is completely
analysed. By the second church book (1740 to 1785) those are marrying completely, the baptism
analysed from 1740 to 1749 and the funerals not yet. By the analysed sections about a fifth
electronically were captured and are represented on this page. Some few data originate from
The following data are based, if not differently indicated, on the microfilms of the Roman-catholic
church books of Sandweier, FHL 1046098, part of 1 and 2.
Children in Sw. rk. ~:
a: Joannes Bernhardus, SW00200, ~ 17,9,1697, as name of the nut/mother is crossed out for
Anna Maria and in other writing Catharina entered, (P.: Ignatius Roesch, SW10400, schulmeister (" more ludimagister ")
from Iffezheim; Margaretha Burkartin, SW01601, from Sw.);
b: Franciscus Josephus, SW00300, ~ 27,3,1699 (P.: Joannes Burkard, SW01600, Bg. in Sw.;
Anna Maria Roeschin , SW10401, from Iffezheim);
c: Ignatius Antonius, SW00250, ~ 20,3,1702 (P.: Ignatius Roesch, SW10400, schulmeister in Iffezheim;
Margaretha Burkartin, SW01601, from Sw.)
Rosch Surname .Ott surname
Wilhelm H. Rosch b:1821 in Heuchlingen son of Johann Jakob b:1768 and Maria
Maria Barbara Ott b:1767 Hohen Meinringen? married Johannes Weidemann
b:1766 in Dettingen a.A Germany.
Estate Records (County of Berks) 1752-1914
|Last Name ||First Name ||Middle ||Year||Township|
|Rush ||Eugenia ||F. ||1850 ||Bern|
|Rush ||John || ||1848 ||District|
|Rush ||Mary || ||1850 ||Reading|
|Rush ||Michael || ||1812 ||Reading|
|Rush ||Stevan || ||1816 ||Reading|
|Rush ||William || ||1847 ||District|
|Rush ||Benneville || ||1852 ||Reading|
|Rush ||Catharine || ||1853 ||Reading|
|Rush ||Philip || ||1871 ||Reading|
|Rush ||Samuel || ||1854 ||Washington|
|Rush ||John || ||1883 ||Hereford|
|Rush ||Mary ||E. ||1883 ||Hereford|
|Rush ||Barbara ||A. ||1899 ||Reading|
|Rush ||Carrie || ||1905 ||Reading|
|Rush ||Henry ||W. ||1905 ||Washington|
|Rush ||Margaret || ||1889 ||Amity||
Source: Berks County, PA Registrar of Wills
- IGI: Michael ROSH (~1720 - ) m. Catharine CAISARIN 17 Nov 1754 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Acns. File: Michael ROSCH (~1720 - )[AFN: 9P0C-2L] in Reading, Berks Co, PA & Catherine [AFN:9P0C-3R]. Children:
Catherine ROSCH (9 Sep 1744 in Columbia Co, PA - 2 Apr 1828 in Columbia Co, PA) [AFN:9P0B-GJ]; buried: Apr 1828 in Lutheran Cemetery, Catawissa, Columbia Co, PA; married John Philip RUPERT (AFN: 9P0B-FC)
14 Dec 1762 in Reading, Berks Co, PA.
World Family Tree
Vol #1 Tree #2470
1590-1995; Most common surnames: Hodapp, Moritz, Imming, McCAFFREY, Moriz, Wiersma, Johnson, Dieker;
Most common locations: Germany, KS, IL, MO, IA, NE, Ireland, CA.
Vol #1, Tree #1224
Cullum, Stoermer, Wright of PA, Germany 1557-1995 contains:
Cullum, Stoermer, Wright, Keller, Fisher, Kivler, Rosch, Bailey.
Most common locations: PA, Germany, NY, Canada, VT, NJ, WI, CA.
Foreign: Canada, England, France, Germany, Haiti, Hungary,
Ireland, Italy, Scotland, United Kingdom World Family Tree Volume
#2, Tree #2991 Kahn, Fiack, Hiegel of CA, AR 1782-1992 contains:
Kahn, Fiack, Hiegel, Donnelly, Dye, Colagrossi, Warnock,
Weinrich. Most common locations: CA, AR, Ireland, Switzerland.
Foreign: Germany, Ireland, Italy, former Soviet Union,
Maria Cathrina Rosch & Johann Schnitzius
ROSCH, Maria Cathrina, b 10 May 1752 in Kröv married Schnitzius, Johann on 22 Feb 1773 at Kröv. Children:
- SCHNITZIUS, Peter Nikolaus
- SCHNITZIUS, Nikolaus
- SCHNITZIUS, Gisbert
- SCHNITZIUS, Johann
- NIKOLAUS, Peter
- SCHNITZIUS, Johann Peter
Jacob & Anna Rosch in Virginia
On 12 Sep 1786, Barbara BOID was one of the
sponsors for a daughter born to Jacob ROSCH and wife, Anna in
Zion Church, Hamburg, Shenandoah Co., VA.
Roesch and Landau near Sandusky, Ohio in late 1800's
ROESCH/LANDAU - John Karl (Carl) ROESCH and
Caroline LANDAU were married circa 1888, in the vicinity of
Sandusky, Erie County, Ohio. Due to religious differences,
they were probably married by a Justice of the Peace.
Confirmation of where and when were they married?
Quaker Naturalizations in 1760 in Pennsylvania
|Aug-Sep ||Rush, Conrad ||Phil Co. ||1761 ||[PA Archives 2:2:418]
Philadelphia 1745, 1746
Petition of Inhabitants of Philadelphia, 1745/46
Concerning a Powder House (dangerous) and Market (for convenience):
- William Rush [probably English]
This probably was the powder house erected in 1724 by Wm. Chancellor,
on a part of the premises of Danl. Pegg near the present Noble Street
and Front--[See Watson, Vol. 1, p. 440]
[Ref: PA Archives 1:1:676/78]
Barbara Rosch in Philadelphia in 1700s
Trying to track down the parents of Susanna Miller, b. 1755 to
Sebastian Miller and, perhaps, Barbara Rosch. This was probably a
Germantown Philadelphia family. Also, in an inaccessible branch of my
family an elderly relative holds an elderly genealogy book which links
this family to the Kunders, founders of Germantown.
Conrad Rosch in Philadelphia in 1775
From Henry Miller's Staatsbote, 1767-1779: issue dated Nov 28, 1775, Conrad ROSCH, Kensington, Philadelphia County.
Resch, Rauch, Roesch, Resh, Rush, Lancaster County,PA
Searching for descendants of Heinrich Roesch, a 1748
immigrant. The name has had many changes in spelling. The
immigrants were Amish/Mennonite. JACOB RESH 1800-1875,married
Elizabeth Groff, had 10 children Jacob was the son of JOSEPH
RESH(b 1771),married Esther Sensenich. Joseph and family moved to
Berks County PA but Jacob stayed in Lancaster County. Six of the
10 children are buried in Weavertown Cemetery, Leacock Twp.,PA.
It is believed one of the other four, moved into Lancaster City
and married/became Catholic and had a son FREDERICK S. RESH. I am
searching for a son of Jacob who had a son named Frederick.
Rosch in Poland in 1800s
Searching for information: Henry Rosch
: Birth/Death unknown dates, probably Poland. Wife: Mary ?
- Adela Rosch 8/16/1884 - 7/28/1970
- Bronislawa Rosch 1882 - ?
- Helena Rosch 1864 - ?
- Mary Rosch 1877 - ?
Born 8/16/1884 Laponow, Austria (now Poland) Died 7/28/70 Lemont, IL USA married
Ignatius Wroblewski Born 2/1/1870 Tarnow, Austria (now Poland) Death Date: Unknown. Chicago IL?
Fred Rosch b. Franfurt, Germany to Columbus, Ohio
born in Frankfort, Germany 02-19-1895. Died: 1965. Came to the States settled in Columbus,Ohio.
4 surviving children, none know of his heritage was in the Merchant Marines worked for the City of Columbus as a Lineman.
ROSCH, Emil from Prussia to Iowa; 1831-1926
, son of William, was born in Prussia, Germany 21 April 1831. He was in Dubuque County, Iowa by 1864 when he married ELISE SADLER. Elise was born in Luxembourg 7 July 1841. They moved from Dubuque to Clinton County, Iowa and then by 1869 to Council Bluffs, Pottawattamie, Iowa. They had 6 children, Lizzie, Karl (Carl, Charles), John, Herman, (my grandfather), Emil, and Theodore.
Philip Roesch from Baden, Germany & Helen Jenette Cardey
in Wisconsin in late 1800s
Philip Roesch, son of Mathias and Magdalena Jehle Roesch
(Rosch), b. 1 May 1842 in Baden Baden, Germany; m. 7 Sep 1865 in
Grant Co., WI; d. 18 Mar 1940 in Lancaster, Grant Co, WI.
Children (all born Grant Co., WI):
- William Russel Roesch (8 Jul 1866 - 30 Apr 1941); m. Ada
- Ida Maria Roesch (4 Nov 1867 - 8 Jul 1951); m. Henry
- Ella Josephine Roesch (17 Dec 1869 - 10 Sep 1963); m.
William Lewis Gelbach
- Roy Delbert Roesch (17 Aug 1876 - 30 Jul 1895)
- Clyde Earl Roesch (12 Apr 1881 - 23 Oct 1961); m. Minnie
- Bertha May Roesch (27 Apr 1883 - 27 Jun 1976); m. James
From 1987 National Genealogical Society submission by David W.
Gelback, Urbana, IL.
Conrad Rosch married to Susanna Schoenbach in Philadelphia
St. Michaelis & Zion Congregation (German Evangelical
Lutheran) of Philadephia lists marriage of Conrad Rosch to
Susanna Schoenbach on 10 May 1759.
Hannes Rosch to US in 1731
Hannes Rosch on ship Snow Lowther from Hamburg into
Philadelphia 14 Oct 1731, master Joseph Fisher.
Daniel Rupert & Catharine Rosch in Pennsylvania
RUPERT, Daniel: Would like to know wife and children of Daniel Rupert, b. 28 Sep 1787, s. of Johann Philip Rupert and Catherine
Rosch d. 13 Mar 1876 Delaware T. Northumberland Co. Pa. Wife may have been Sarah SHADY.
Rosch & Stoermer in Prussia in early 1800s
Rosch, Maria Katharina: b. ca 1801 Goldlauter, Sachen, Prussia
Married 25 Nov 1820 in Goldlauter, Sachen, Prussia to Stoermer,
Friedrich Wilhelm. Children:
- Stoermer, Friedrich Wolfgang, b abt 1820
- Stoermer, Johann Daniel, b abt 1823
- Stoermer, Marie Rosamunde, b. abt 1825
- Stoermer, Wilhelmine Friederika, b. 28 Jul 1833 in
Goldlauter, Sachen, Prussia, d. 19 Oct 1910 in Ashland,
Schuylkill Co., Pa.
- Stoermer, Lauretta Natalie
- Stoermer, Johann Friedrich, b. abt 1841
Catharine Rosch & Andreas Von Willer in PA in late 1800s
Record of Pennsylvania Marriages, Prior to 1810, Vol.1, p.708:
1780, July 30, Rosch, Cath., and Andreas Von Willer.
New York City Directory, 1890
- Roesch August, shoemkr. h 311 E. 106th
- Roesch Christian, framer, h 280 Av. B
- Roesch Frederica, wid. Carl, h 57 Clinton
- Roesch George, clerk, h 328 Sixth
- Roesch George F. lawyer, 19 Av. A, h 34 First av.
- Roesch John, h 247 E. Houston
- Roesch John A. physician, 748 Sixth
- Roesch John G. varnisher, h 34 First av.
- Roesch John J. weaver, h 408 E. 72d
- Roesch Reinhard, worstedgds. 77 E. 4th
- Rosch Max, tailor, 164 Norfolk. h 108 Norfolk
- Rosch Nicholas, carpenter, h E. 18th c Av. C
©2000-2001 - Compiled by S. Kauffman; last updated 28 May 2007