- Charles (18) as a young man living with his parents.
- Charles (26) is married to Elizabeth (listed as 17, though she
was only 15) and living next door to his mother-in-law and her
second husband. Ham Griswell the farmhand is rooming with the young couple.
- Charles (37) and Eizabeth (24) now have 5 kids, and Ham is
still with them. They are still living next door to Elizabeth's
- Charles (47) and Elizabeth (35) have 9 children and are living
in Kendall County. The eldest child, Charles II, has left the
nest. Elizabeth is pregnant with their 10th child, James. The
1880's will be sad years for them; they will lose 3 children.
- Unfortunately, the 1890 census burned up in a fire and is lost
- Charles (67) and Elizabeth (54) are back in Menard county and
are living with their three youngest children, the last.
Elizabeth birthed 14 children, 11 of whom survived to adulthood.
Additional Censuses Listing Elizabeth Champie:
Elizabeth outlived Charles by 31 years, so she was around for 2 more censuses.
- Elizabeth is living with her daughter Eva (Martha Evaline
Champie) and son-in-law Edwin L. Martin.
- ??? Still looking...