Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

Name Trinty Chapel (Congregational)
Address and Location Womanby St, Cardiff.
Date built Original building built 1696 but was burnt down in 1847 and rebuilt the same year.
History In 1638 William Ebery the Vicar of St Mary's Cardiff was deprived of his occupation for refusing to read "The Book of Sports"and along with simliar minded members of the congregation of St Mary's left and in all probabilty formed the early neucleus of the congregation that was granted the land in Womanby Street in 1696 by John Archer Esquire Alderman. The congregation continued to grow and founded sister church in Cardiff, including Charles St and Llandaff Road chapels and in 1889 the congragation was amalgamated with Llandaff Road Congrational Chapel. See
  • New Trinity/Cardiff United Church (URC)
  • Registers and other records
    Where held
    Can they be consulted
    Burial Ground
    Contact Name
    Glamorgan FHS Publications
    Glamorgan Record office
    Cardiff Building Plans
    National Library of Wales
    Cadw Listed
    Royal Commission for Ancient Monuments
    Capel Listed
    National Archives
    Lambeth Palace Plans
    Book List History of Congregationalism in Cardiff and District. Williamson Cardiff 1920 pp21-25. History of Nonconformity in Cardiff J Austin Jenkinsm R Edwards James. 1901.pp 33-41
    Illustrations History of Congregationalism in Cardiff and District. Williamson Cardiff 1920 between pages 22-23. Images of Wales, Central Cardiff. complied by Brian Lee Cardiff 1998 p72.
    Return to:List of Buildings by area