7 JAN 1916
* John Harr, recently married to Miss [Magdalena] Lang, daughter of our well known farmer, Mr. and Mrs. Simon Lang, were in Gackle last Monday and called at Haut and Marckel, who fixed them out with furniture and other goods to start housekeeping. These goods were shipped to Bowdle, S. D., at which place the young couple are to make their future home. We all join in extending our best wishes for their happy future.
7 JAN 1916
* Mr. John Beck called at Haut & Marckel last Tuesday and made up a part of their requirements to start in housekeeping at Terry, Mont. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Trautman, a prosperous farmer north of Gackle. Mr. Beck has a half section of land in Montana, and has been getting ready for his bride. We all join in wishing the happy couple a prosperous wedded life.
24 MAR 1916 -
* At eleven o'clock Sunday morning, before a large circle of friends and relatives occurred the marriage of Miss Anna Schulteis of Kulm and Mr. Benjamin Borth. The ceremony was performed at the German Lutheran church. Rev. Nagel of Streeter officiating. Four bridesmaid, Misses Amelia Schulteis, Kate Morlock, Bertha Smith and Mary Geiszler were in attendance of the bride, while Mr. George Hummel, Mr. Gus Ammon, Mr. Gott. Morlock and Mr. Andrew Stickel attended the groom. Following the ceremony the guests repaired to the Borth farm home where a bountiful wedding dinner was served. Miss Margaret Smith, Miss Adam and Miss Benz, Mr. Arthur Neuman, Mr. William Schlenker took care of the serving. Throughout the afternoon and evening the happy couple received their many friends who called to offer them heartiest of congratulations and good wishes for a happy future. Music by the Gackle band, under the able direction of Prof. Nottingham of LaMoure was enjoyed throughout the afternoon and in the evening for dancing.
21 APR 1916
* Miss Pauline Gackle, daughter of Gottfried Gackle, and John Kiensler, east of Fredonia, were united in marriage at the Luther Church north of Fredonia, from where they withdrew to the bridegroom's home and a good time was had by all who attended.
23 JUN 1916 - WEDDING
* Miss Margaret M. Schmidt of Gackle and Mr. Arthur W. Neumann were united in marriage at the home of the bride's parents at Dawson, N.D. on Monday of this week. Rev. Miller of that place officiated, Both the bride and groom are well and favorably known here, Mr. Neuman having been in the employ of Haut & Marckel for several years, and the bride a faithful clerk for Hummel Bros. Both have returned to their work and will make their future home in Gackle. The Republican extends congratulations and best wishes for them a happy, prosperous journey through life.
23 JUN 1916 - WEDDING
* Miss Annie Snelman owner of Columbia Restaurant, and Mr. Gideon Lemata, of the Hammerstrom garage, of this city were united in marriage at Carl..r a emwfyp emfwycmfwypbgton, Minn., [yes I transcribed correctly] on Wednesday, June 14, by probate Judge Watkins of that place. While both the bride and groom have resided in Gackle only a short time, they are well and favorably known, and Mrs. Lemata is giving Gackle on of the best restaurants it ever had. The Republican joins in extending best wishes for a happy and prosperous future.
15 DEC 1916
* Oscar Nelson departed Tuesday for Hayti, S.D. and was married there on Thursday, December 7, to Miss Rosie Lisantee, of Hayti. Mr. Nelson has lived 14 miles southwest of Gackle for the past ten years, and has many friends who will extend congratulations. The newlyweds expect to return in about two weeks.
15 DEC 1916
* Last week, Thursday, December 7th, occurred the marriage of Miss Emma, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Goodsmith, to Mr. Matt, son of Mr. and Mrs. Chris Spiedel. The ceremony took place at 11 a.m. at the bride's home. Everyone was invited to the Goodsmith home, and a large number of people were there in spite of the cold weather that prevailed. The Goodsmith's are certainly royal entertainers. To this young couple we extend heartiest congratulations.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids