7 JAN 1916
* A bouncing baby boy was born was born to Mr. and Mrs. A. F. Lehr, on December 24th. Dr. Maercklein reports mother and child doing nicely.
18 FEB 1916
* Dr. Maercklein reports the arrival of a fine baby boy at the home of Mr. and Mrs. R. A. Werner of Alfred. Mr. Werner is well known in Gackle, and his many friends extend congratulations to the proud father and mother.
5 MAY 1916 - The Alfred
* Dr. Maercklein of Gackle was a professional caller on Thursday at Wm. Deitrich's, where a 9 lb girl was born. Step up boys and get your cigars.
12 MAY 1916
* Mr. and Mrs. Jess Heflen are the proud parents of a fine 8 lb boy which made his appearance at their home late last week. This being the first boy in the family of two girls, Jess is stepping high and "Dad" Heflen says he will president just as soon as he is old enough. Both mother and child are doing nicely.
4 AUG 1916
* A baby girl was born to Mr. and Mrs. J. P. Neskenan last week. All reported doing very nicely.
11 AUG 1916
* The stork visited at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Ed. Kleingaerter living ten miles south of Gackle, on August 4th, leaving a big bouncing baby boy.
1 SEP 1916
* A baby boy is reported to have arrived to brighten the home of Mr. and Mrs. John Metz near Alfred on Tuesday of this week.
1 SEP 1916
* An eight and a half pound baby girl arrived at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Jas. Heffelfinger Monday morning. James has been all smiles since.
15 SEP 1916
* The home of Mr. and Mrs. Dornanen, living ten miles south of town, was brightened Saturday morning by the arrival of a nice baby boy.
22 SEP 1916
* The stork visited this section last Saturday morning leaving an heir at the home of Mr. and Mrs. John K. Saari, living eight miles south of town.
29 SEP 1916
* Born to Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Dormanen a girl on Sunday, Sept. 24th.
1 DEC 1916
* Dr. Maercklein reports the birth of a girl baby at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Victor Anderson Tuesday at Alfred.
15 DEC 1916
* Ed. Klundt is the proud papa of a baby boy, which arrived at his home six miles east of Gackle Tuesday. All reported doing fine.