4 FEB 1910
* While we go to press we learn that O. B. Walsworth died Wednesday afternoon at 1:15 p.m. and the remains were shipped to his old home in Iowa, Thursday morning.
11 FEB 1910
* While we go to press we learn that Miss Rosena Scharder died at her home north of this place Tuesday.
18 MAR 1910
* While we go to press we learn that Mr. and Mrs. Christ Nickila's six months old baby died Friday morning March 18.
6 MAY 1910
* "Baby Domke Dead"
Luella Ruth, infant daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Domke, who reside three miles south of town, born Jan. 15, 1910, died Sunday May 1, at five o'clock, aged three months and 15 days. She had been ailing for the past six weeks recently shown a improvement. Sunday morning she was seized with spasms and cramps, death relieving the little sufferer later in the day. Interment was made at the cemetery west of Gackle, Tuesday afternoon at two o'clock. The entire community extend heart-felt sympathy to the sorrowing parents and relatives.
20 MAY 1910 - FRONT PAGE
* "Napoleon Girl is Burned to Death"
The little seven-year-old daughter of Bernard Kasman, thirteen miles southwest of Wishek, lost her life Monday afternoon by being burned to death while playing around a burning straw stack.
She had taken a lunch out to the field for her father about 3:30 p.m., and started for home again. The day was chilly and it is supposed she stopped by the burning straw stack to get warm and that she either got too close or was playing with the fire and in that way her clothing caught fire, and she was burned to death.
The little girl was not missed until evening, when her father returned from the field, the mother supposing the child had remained with him. A search, in which the neighbors joined, was instituted and continued until 3 a.m. next morning, when it was abandoned until daylight. The sad fate of the little one was not heard until 10:30 Tuesday morning, when the remains were found near the straw stack.
18 MAY 1910
* The infant child of Mr. and Mrs. E. Koenig died this (Friday) morning after a short illness. The sorrowing parents have the sympathy of the entire community.
3 JUN 1910
* Ernest Remboldt, father of Pete, died last Sunday. The funeral was held Tuesday afternoon at the Congregational Church. The family has the sympathy of the entire community in their loss.
17 JUN 1910
* Mrs. Gottlieb Bender passed away Friday of this week after a short illness at her home northeast of town.
26 AUG 1910
* The infant child of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Rott, died Monday after a short illness.
23 SEP 1910
23 SEP 1910
* Matt Tumbrey, the twelve year old son of Mrs. Tumbrey who resides on a farm about eight miles southeast of this place, died Monday of pneumonia.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids