MISCELLANEOUS EVENTS 1908 - 1909
17 APR 1908
* FIRE - Mr. Christ Remboldt's house caught fire Monday evening about 5 O'clock and was burned to the ground. What caused the fire is not known.
17 JUL 1908
* ACCIDENT – One of Ed Nikkila’s three year old girls had quite an axident this week by getting her finger cut off in a mowing machine. Dr. Hantley is treating the finger and says it is doing nicely.
31 JUL 1908
* ACCIDENT - One of Ike Hammerstroms little girls fell off from a horse Wednesday evening and broke her arm.
14 AUG 1908
* STORM – Gottlieb Elhard reports a total loss of his crop by hail that accomplied the storm Monday.
* STORM – Considerable damage was done by the hail that accomplied the storm Monday night, a streak of country commencing three miles South West of Gackle and running in South Easterly direction and damageing crops generally, and even totally destroying some.
28 AUG 1908
- STREETER ITEMS
* ACCIDENT – Gottlieb Ensminger little boy got his finger badly cut in Thrashing machine.
* ACCIDENT – Walter Barrenger got quite badly hurt by thrown from a horse.
2 OCT 1908 –
* BIRTHDAY PARTY – The little friends of Miss Mary Geiszler pleasantly surprised her Tuesday evening, The occasion being her eleventh birthday anniversary. Refreshments were served and a social time enjoyed. The hostess was the recipient of many useful gifts.
23 OCT 1908 - STREETER TWINKLES
* CHURCH - The German Luthern church was dedicated last Sunday.
22 JAN 1909
* ILLNESS –Quite a number cases of smallpox are reported here at Gackle and vicinity.
26 MAR 1909
- STREETER TWINKLES
* ILLNESS - John Kliens oldest boy is seriously ill with diphtheria.
* ILLNESS - Mrs. Adam Ensminger is very low she was given up by the Dr.
9 APR 1909
* CONFIRMATION - The confirmation class of 1909 which were confirmed in the German Congergational church by Rev. Wacker on Sunday April 4th were as follow.
Bertha Flaig, Ida Brosz, Rosa Schuler, Margaretha Henne, Caroline Reister, Emilia Neumann, Ida Thum, Christina Elhard, Justina Rath, Oskar Fode, John Elhard, John Mittleider, Henry Klien, Peter Moos, Willie Hasz, Emanuel Beglau.
18 JUN 1909
3 JUL 1909 [2 JUL]
* VISIT - Mr. and Mrs. Peter Sieler sister of Rev. Wacker and Edward Wacker a brother of Rev who have been visiting here during Conference returned to their home at Selby S. D. Tuesday morning.
3 JUL 1909 [2 JUL]
* CHURCH - The North Dakota Conference of the Congergational Church, was held here at Gackle June 24 to the 27th.
The ministers present at the assembly were as follows.
Rev. M. E. Eversz, Chicago, Ill.; Rev. F. J. Wacker, Gackle, N.D.; Rev. S. Ebertz, Harvey, N.D., Rev. R. Lippenberger, Blue Grass; Rev. F. Berghoffer, Fredonia, N.D.; Rev. A. H. Vogle, Kulm, N.D.; Rev. K. K. Maier, Coleharbor; Prof. K. S. Stahl, Redfield, S. D. ...Back to the Top
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids