A work still in progress
Descendants of John W.
Generation No. 1
1. *JOHN W.1 T AYLOR was born Sep 1830 in Ohio, and died 1910 in Ohio. He married SAMANTHA JANE RICKETS/RICKETTS 20 Oct 1853 in Fairfield County, Ohio, daughter of CHENEY RICKETS/RICKETTS and MILLISON (RICKETS/RICKETTS). She was born 1835 in Fairfield County, Ohio, and died 1896 in Ohio.
Notes for JOHN W. TAYLOR:
1850 United States Federal Census about John Taylor
(this is a guess that this is the correct line of John Taylor, I have no proof yet. Although the census has the correct township and county in Ohio in which John Taylor raised his family)
Name: John Taylor
1860 United States Federal Census about John W Taylor
Name: John W Taylor
1870 United States Federal Census about John W Taylor
Name: John W Taylor
1880 United States Federal Census about John W. Tayler
Name: John W. Tayler
1900 United States Federal Census about John W Taylor
Name: John W Taylor
Notes for SAMANTHA JANE RICKETS/RICKETTS:
1850 United States Federal Census about Jane Ricketts
Name: Jane Ricketts
Ohio Marriages, 1803-1900 about JANE RICKETS
Name: TAYLOR, JOHN W
Children ofJOHNTAYLOR and SAMANTHA RICKETS/RICKETTS are:
ii. LEWIS L. TAYLOR, b. Feb 1856, Ohio.
Notes for LEWIS L. TAYLOR:
Lewis Taylor, co. H, 42d O. V. I.;
iii. WILLIAM W. TAYLOR, b. Abt. 1859, Ohio.
iv. JENETTA TAYLOR, b. Abt. 1864, Ohio.
v. MYRTLE OLIVE TAYLOR, b. Abt. 1869, Ohio; d. 1943, Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio; m. CHARLES ELLIOTT FRANCIS; b. 1867; d. 11 Feb 1943, Columbus, Franklin Co., Ohio.
2. vi. *CHARLES GRANT TAYLOR, b. 01 Jun 1872, Ohio; d. 17 Aug 1922, Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio.
vii. MINNIE TAYLOR, b. Abt. 1874, Ohio.
viii. GERTRUDE TAYLOR, b. Abt. 1876, Ohio.
ix. JOHN TAYLOR, b. Oct 1878, Ohio; m. OLIVEBELLA HARMON; b. 09 Dec 1878, Ohio.
Notes for JOHN TAYLOR:
1900 Federal Census about John Taylor
Name: John Taylor
Generation No. 2
2. *CHARLES GRANT2 TAYLOR (JOHN W.1) was born 01 Jun 1872 in Ohio, and died 17 Aug 1922 in Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio. He married GLENABELLE HARMON in Ohio, daughter of JOHN HARMON and RACHEL FISHBAUGH. She was born 09 Dec 1878 in Ohio, and died 29 Dec 1954 in Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio.
Notes for CHARLES GRANT TAYLOR:
1900 United States Federal Census about Charles Taylor
Name: Charles Taylor
1920 United States Census about Charles Taylor
Name: Charles G Taylor
Notes for GLENABELLE HARMON:
1930 Federal Census has her living with her daughter Edith
ALAZUMA HARMON (May be related, not sure yet)
Alazuma Harmon, wife of Joseph Harmon, died at their home in Adelphi Thursday evening [04 Feb 1926] at five o'clock of valvular heart trouble; having been a sufferer for a number of years. She was born September 18, 1859, in South Perry, Ohio, and was the daughter of Terry L. and Helen (Floyd) Moore. She was united in marriage with Joseph Harmon, who with two sons and one daughter, survive to mourn their loss. The funeral will occur from the M.E. Church at Adelphi, tomorrow, Feb. 6th, at 1 p.m., with Rev. Thomas officiating, and burial by Director Defenbaugh will be in Green Summit cemetery, at Adelphi.
The Union Herald, Circleville, Pickaway County OH; 11 Feb 1926
Children of CHARLES TAYLOR and GLENABELLE HARMON are:
4. ii. HUBERT CYRUS TAYLOR, b. 21 Jul 1898, Ohio; d. 22 Jun 1967, Ohio.
5. iii. ETHEL ROSETTA TAYLOR, b. 30 Jun 1901, Ohio; d. 19 Jun 1966.
6. iv. *GEORGE GILBERT TAYLOR, b. 19 Mar 1904, Ohio; d. 07 Jun 1986, Franklin County, Ohio.
v. RUTH LUCILLE TAYLOR, b. 1912, Ohio; d. 1929.
Generation No. 3
3. EDITH LAVERNA3 TAYLOR (CHARLES GRANT2, JOHN W.1) was born 26 Nov 1896 in Ohio, and died 22 Nov 1963. She married WILLIAM HENRY BLOOMFIELD. He was born 20 Nov 1893 in Green Up, Kentucky, and died 02 Mar 1956.
Children of EDITH TAYLOR and WILLIAM BLOOMFIELD are:
8. ii. LOIS MARIE BLOOMFIELD, b. 13 Mar 1921.
4. HUBERT CYRUS3 TAYLOR (CHARLES GRANT2, JOHN W.1) was born 21 Jul 1898 in Ohio, and died 22 Jun 1967 in Ohio. He married MYRTLE MARIE HOF. She was born 14 Nov 1899, and died 1961.
Notes for HUBERT CYRUS TAYLOR:
WW I Draft Registration
Children of HUBERT TAYLOR and MYRTLE HOF are:
ii. PAULINE ELIZABETH TAYLOR, b. 22 Mar 1928; d. Sep 1993; m. KENNETH FRANCES HANNA.
iii. ROBERT CHARLES TAYLOR, b. 28 Aug 1925; d. 19 May 1964; m. JOAN MAE.
iv. RICHARD EUGENE TAYLOR, b. 14 Jun 1931; m. MARILYN LOU.
5. ETHEL ROSETTA3 TAYLOR (CHARLES GRANT2, JOHN W.1) was born 30 Jun 1901 in Ohio, and died 19 Jun 1966. She married KENNETH BERNARD DELAET. He was born 26 Feb 1898, and died 11 Feb 1966.
Children of ETHEL TAYLOR and KENNETH DELAET are:
ii. KENNETH BERNARD (JR.) DELAET, b. 13 May 1921; d. 30 Aug 1986; m. VIOLA.
6. *GEORGE GILBERT3 TAYLOR (CHARLES GRANT2, JOHN W.1) was born 19 Mar 1904 in Ohio, and died 07 Jun 1986 in Franklin County, Ohio. He married RUTH HELEN SEYMOUR, daughter of LEWIS SEYMOUR and ANNA BROWN. She was born 09 Oct 1902 in Columbus, Franklin Co., Ohio, and died 21 Jan 1964 in Columbus, Franklin Co., Ohio.
Notes for GEORGE GILBERT TAYLOR:
1930 United States Census about George Taylor
Name: George Taylor
Notes for RUTH HELEN SEYMOUR:
Name: Ruth H Taylor
Children of GEORGE TAYLOR and RUTH SEYMOUR are:
*FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS LINE, PLEASE EMAIL ME.
Generation No. 4
7. ANNA MARGARET4 BLOOMFIELD (EDITH LAVERNA3 TAYLOR, CHARLES GRANT2, JOHN W.1) was born 21 May 1920, and died 15 Oct 1995. She married (1) NATHAN GEORGE BARKER. She married (2) WALTER CALVIN "DOC" MORSE.
Child of ANNA BLOOMFIELD and NATHAN BARKER is:
Children of ANNA BLOOMFIELD and WALTER MORSE are:
8. LOIS MARIE4 BLOOMFIELD (EDITH LAVERNA3 TAYLOR, CHARLES GRANT2, JOHN W.1) was born 13 Mar 1921. She married MARVIN EUGENE EPPS.
Children of LOIS BLOOMFIELD and MARVIN EPPS are:
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS LINE, PLEASE EMAIL ME.
Generation No. 5
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS FAMILY, PLEASE EMAIL
All information was collected from:
Census Records, Cemetery Readings, Birth Records, Marriage Records, Death Records, Family Bible, Old Pictures,
Family Memories and You.
If you have information to add or would like to discuss how I came up with this information,
Please email me at