William Todd, His Cyphering Book, June
12th day 1821
Articles of agreement made and concluded
on this 16th day of June 1821 by and between William Todd of Caroline
County and State of Maryland of the one part and we the subscribers of the
same county and state aforesaid of the other part.
Witness that the said Todd offers to set in to teach school in or at the
schoolhouse called and known by James Sulivane's school for the term of
two months to comence on the day aforesaid and the said Todd doth bind
himself to give good and due attendence to his school and to teach the
said subcsribers children to the best of his art and skill to read and
write, (and) cypher to the rule of practice and further if needed and we
the underneath subscribing signers promise to find the said Todd a house
to teach in and to find all materials to make it comfortable for the said
Todd and his pupils and pay or cause to be paid unto the said Todd for his
services the sum of (blank) per month as witness our hands and names
_________ subscribed, day and date above mentioned.
(Not signed except, by William Todd)
1) Calop Todd son of William Todd and Mary,
his wife was bornd Jaunary 15th day 1827
and dyed September 5th day 183(5?).
2) Sely Todd dauter of William and Mary, his wife was bornd October the
1st day 1826.
3) Maryan Todd daughter of William and Mary, his wife was born bornd
November the 3rd day 1828.
4) Saryan Todd dauter of William and Mary, his wife was bornd December
13th day 1831.
5) William Edward was bornd October 24th day 1834.
6) John Henry Todd was bornd the eleventh day of March 1837.
7) Elizabeth Jane was bornd April the fifth day 1839.
8) Calib James son of William Todd was bornd December 27th day 1841, Mary
Wright was his mother.
1) William Hennery Wright son of Peter Wright
and Kitty, his wife was bornd September the 20th day 1822.
2) Andrew Saulsbury Lord son of Peter Wright and Kitty, his wife was bornd
November the 15th day 1829.
3) Orasha Wright son of Peter Wright and Kitty, his wife was bornd July
the 11th day 1834.
4) Jessy Tilmon Wright son of Peter Wright and Cathorine his wife was
(born) May 20th day 1836.
5) Virginny Catorine was bornd July 10th 1842.
(no number) Rebbecka Persillah Wright was bornd January 16th 1846.
1) Willis Wright son of Elisha Wright and
Mary his wife, was bornd March 20th day 183_.
2) Mary Jane Wright daughter of Elisha Wright and Mary his wife, was bornd
the 20th day of January 1835.
William Thomas Wilson was born August 11th
Rebecca Ann Gambrel was bornd March 28 1850.
Elizabeth Ann Gambrial was bornd September
Mary Jane Gambrial was bornd February 20th 1853
John Henry Gambrial was bornd July 9th 1854
James Richard Luis was bornd January 23rd day
Charley Edward Luis was bornd July 9 1860(69?).
Mary Elling was bornd April 17th day 1859.
James B. Todd, son of William E. Todd and
Margaret A., his wife, was bornd August the 8th 1863.
Annie R. Todd and Mary I. Todd the daughters of William E. Todd and
Margaret A., his wife, was borned May the 20th 1865.
Sarah B. V. Todd the daughter of William E. Todd and Margaret A., his
wife, was borned July the 20th 1867.
William E. Todd the son of William E. Todd and Margaret A., his wife, was
borned May 22, 1877.
Hattie E. Todd the daughter of William E. Todd and Margaret A., his wife,
was borned August 21 day 1879.
FAMILY RECORD FROM 1841
Caleb J. Todd the son of Wm Todd and Mary,
his wife, was born December 17th day 1841.
Charlotte C. Nichols the daughter of Edward Nicols and Harriet, his wife,
was born the 4th day of Nov. 1846.
Caleb J. Todd and Charlotte C. Nicols were united in the holy bonds of
matrimony by the Rev. Joseph L. Kenney the 19th day of Jan. 1871.
Wm E. Todd the son of Caleb J, Todd and Charlotte his wife, was borne Oct.
Roxanna Todd the daughter of C. J. Todd and Charlotte his wife, was borne
Oct. 7th 1874.
Mary V. Todd the daughter of C. J. Todd and Charlotte his wife, was borne
20th Jan. 1876.
Harriet E. Todd the daughter of Caleb J. Todd and Charlotte his wife, was
borne June 24th 1879.
John T. Todd the son of C. J. Todd and Charlotte his wife, was borne Feb.
Mary Ida was born December 28 1885
Sarah E. Chambers was born April 13th 1889
Mable E. Chambers was born November 20th 1891
John H. Todd, husband of Sarah E. Todd, was
born Eleventh day of March in the year 1837 and died the 17 day of May
1907, age 70 years 2 months & 6 days.