(FYI: 4/26/1999 The search part of the page works again. Please send email to the appropriate maintainer of each database.
I wish I had more time to get back to every request.
I started this page while researching my the family name(s), and found many others who have a similar interest and family tree.
If anyone has genealogical information on the names Cantrall, Cantral, Cantrell, Cantrel, Cantrill, Cantril, Cantrelle, and Chantrell (various spelling of the name), we would appreciate it and will make it available to others.
Genealogy Database Web Pages
I have used
Gene Stark's Ged2Html program
to convert GEDCOM's to HTML (really it was easy!). Remember to pay your shareware fee so great shareware like this can continue.
The surname list is useful if you want to find a particular last name.
Index of persons is a guide to the longer indexes of all names.
Sources will show all the references included in the database, whether they're referenced in the individual files or not.
Corrections or additions to the database information would be appreciated.
Julie Cantrell's database:
03/30/97, 823 individuals, 270 families, 25 notes
Bruce Cantrall's database:
03/30/97, 670 individuals, 242 families, 30 sources.
Tom Cantrell's database:
07/10/96, 252 individuals, 58 families.
10/12/96, 689 individuals, 223 families.
Eugene Kohlbecker's web page.
Jenny Cantrell Schulz's web page.
- The Cantrell Carousel is information that
has been compiled and submitted by Julie Cantrell as gathered
from various Cantrell researchers and many other Cantrell Cousins
as well as the research she have done as a beginner.
Where the name appears in history, on streets, towns, etc.
- Cantrall v.
Primm. Charles Cantrall and his wife Emily hired Abraham Lincoln to
represent them in a suit against John Primm for slander. The case was heard in the Sangamon County Circuit Court in 1849.
- Cantrell, J. F., The first launderette was started by Proprietor J. F. Cantrell April 18, 1934 at Fort Worth, TX. He installed four washing machines and charged by the hour.
- Cantrall Syndrome, a medical condition.
- Cantrall, IL: a city in Sangamon County, (central) Illinois, was laid out on land Levi Cantrall entered soon after coming to the county and was named in his memory.
- Cantril, IA: a city in Van Buren County, (southeastern) Iowa, started with land from Lemuel Westlake Cantril in 1872.
- There is a Cantrell street in South Philadelphia, USA.
- There is a Cantrell street in Australia, it is in Yagoona in New
South Wales a suburb of Sydney.
- The is a Cantrelle Cemetary in Louisiana on River Road
- Cantrall-Buckley Park in Jackson County, OR.
- Evans-Cantrell House B&B in Georgia.
- The Cantrells, a Musical Duo
Thanks to all the cousins who have found this page useful, offered suggestions,
GEDCOMS, and other helpful info.
- Susan Cantrill Christie, early Cantr*ll genealogist. Her work shows us
how important is it to verify all your information.
- Warren G Cantrell, who has done
a huge amount of work on the family and is happy to share with others to
make this possible. Your work is the stuff of legend.
- Julie Cantrell, who has let me put her growing database online, and has cheered me on to do more.
- Many, many others, including everyone who was willing to share information to help us understand our shared past.
Use this icon to return to the Cantrall-Cantrell-Cantrill Genealogy Page
Last updated: 200305125