Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   
Calumet County, Wisconsin Genealogy & History
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~sheboygan/

This page is part of the site located at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~sheboygan/ There is no charge or fee to access this site or any information on it. If you have arrived here from somewhere else, such as a pay site, and are in a frame, you can click the above url to access this page directly.


This News Article was contributed by: Cheryl Janowiak


Source: The Chilton Times, Saturday, November 16, 1901

Chilton's Handsome Bank Building


Through the courtesy of The Milwaukee Journal, The Times has been enabled to furnish its readers with a cut of the Chilton National Bank building now in course of erection. The building will be the most substantial and handsome building in the city. Its estimated cost is $7,000. The materials used are Portage Entry red sandstone and hydraulic-pressed brick. The interior arrangement will be a general banking room in front, finished in red birch with mosaic tile floor. Back of the banking-room is the directors' room, also finished in red birch, and on the side of this is the vault. In the rear is a coat room and the hall, with stairs leading to the second floor, which is laid out for office rooms, all finished in Southern pine. The building which is the design of the Green bay architect, H.A. Foeller, will be finished about Jan. 1, 1902, and will serve as the home of the newly organized Chilton National bank, of which Julius Feind, of Chilton, is president, Michael Joannes, of Green Bay, vice-president and William J. Paulsen, cashier. The directors are Messrs. Julius Feind, M. Joannes, E.W. Paulsen, R.F. Connell, Andrew Noll, Wm. N. Knauf and W.P. Wagner. It is the intention to erect in the spring a new hotel alongside of the bank on the site of the present Chilton House which the cut shows.

Business men who are interested in the new hotel say that the same will be built by a stock company and that most of the stock has already been subscribed.

{article was accompanied by a sketch of the buildings}


The Chilton Times - Saturday - March 29, 1902

Elect Officers


At a meeting of the stockholders of the Chilton Hotel Company held on Monday afternoon last the following officers and board of directors were elected:

President-H. Rollmann

Vice-president-Lewis Rupp

Secretary and treasurer-Andrew Noll

Directors-H. Rollmann, T.J. Glenn, Robt. Woelfel, Geo. H. Scroeder, Frank Tesch, Julius Feind, Lewis Rupp.

Work on the new hotel building will be commenced as soon as Mr. Reinbold gives up possession of the old building.


The Chilton Times - Saturday - May 3, 1902

The old Chilton House which has been the stopping place of transients for over half a century is being moved, this week, to lots on Lincoln and School streets On Saturday last Mr. Reinbold, who has been landlord for the past eight years, disposed of the household goods and retired from active business. Monday a crew of house movers began the work of removal which will be completed by May 10th. Plans for the new hotel have been received by the building committee and it is expected that the contract for the work will be let next week.


Return to Newspaper Page

Return to Calumet Page

If you have any questions, e-mail Debie

Copyright 1997 - 2005 by Debie Blindauer
All Rights Reserved