Gravesville has about 400 inhabitants, and also had for several years strong hopes of being selected as the
county seat. Leroy Graves settled here in 1849, and madc it his particular business to see that his village was
not forgotten. In 1854 and 1855 when Chilton Center and Chilton were having their contention, he nearly gained
his point. In 1849 Mr. Graves erected a saw-mill. He removed to Fond du Lac in 1866. Besides several good
general stores, Gravesville contains a saw and planing mill and a fumiture factory. The Charlestown Grange
holds its meetings here. One of the oldest lodges of Good Templars in the county still flourishes in Gravesville.
Copyright 1997 - 2005 by Debie Blindauer
All Rights Reserved